Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help
   
MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > SmartMusic - FORUM HAS MOVED! > subscription problem  Forum Quick Jump
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

flutesounds
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to flutesoundsAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2005
Total Posts : 1
 
   Posted 7/10/2005 7:30 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I'm operating on Windows XP.  I've been using my subscription for a couple of weeks...this weekend, when I clicked on Smartmusic, it wanted me to either Activate, Sample, or Subscribe.  When I tried to "activate" it said my account didn't have any active subscriptions (or something like that).  I tried turning off all firewalls, spamkillers, etc.  I even un-installed my wireless network card utility.  Nothing worked.  I kept fiddling (so to speak!) with it.  I re-installed my wireless card utility.  Next thing I knew, I clicked onto SmartMusic and it worked.
 
So...what is the problem, and what did I do that fixed it?
 
thanks for any input.....and no need to tell me to call SmartMusic computer support...I will when they are open.  But I had this same problem last year with this program and actually cancelled my subscription since it wasn't reliable...and they couldn't tell me what to do to fix it.
 
Thought maybe one of the "daily users" might have encountered the same problem and found the fix.
 
 
Back to Top

Tyler
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to TylerAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2001
Total Posts : 3586
 
   Posted 7/10/2005 7:47 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
SmartMusic and a lot of other programs these days are designed to recognize the hardware they are installed on so as to avoid being copied illegally and used by people who haven't paid for the program. When the hardware appears to change (as far as the program can tell), and the hardware ID it had in memory before no longer matches the hardware ID it's obtaining from the computer, the software thinks it has been installed on a new computer and requires activation. This is supposed to only happen when particular hardware changes are detected, and not with commonly changed hardware peripherals like network cards, mice, and keyboards.

As for the fix, when the hardware returns to the state that SmartMusic remembers it, things can often just start working again. That's not always practical though, and it's not always apparent what has changed.

Hopefully their customer support will be able to help you get to the bottom of the issue.


Windows XP, all updates
 

Back to Top
You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
   
Forum Information
Currently it is Sunday, July 12, 2020 9:21 PM (GMT -5)
There are a total of 403,820 posts in 58,165 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 0 reply posts. View Active Threads