SmartMusic 9 will be installed like a “new” program. What this means is that it does not depend on or alter any previous installation of SmartMusic. Because the program is installed separately from any previous edition there are no required actions necessary to install this new version.
While there are no REQUIRED actions of all users, we do have some recommendations to make the transition easier.
LAPTOP USERS: If you use SmartMusic on a laptop that utilizes multiple network capable devices such as a wireless adapter, Airport card, Bluetooth or a LAN connection, it is recommended that you move your subscription from your earlier version of SmartMusic, and reactivate it with your new SmartMusic 9.
To move your subscription from one computer to another:
1) Start the current SmartMusic program and finish the setup wizard.
2) open the Subscription menu and select Move Subscription.
3) You will be prompted for your user name and password, when you press OK your subscription will be deactivated.
4) After installing SmartMusic 9 start the program by double clicking on the icon that is placed on your desktop.
5) Press the activate button.
6) Enter your username/email address and password.
7) Press Log in.
8) Select the subscription you want to activate and press OK.
Run SmartMusic Studio and verify your subscription is active on your computer.
A subscription can normally be transferred a maximum of 3 times. If you need to transfer your subscription more than 3 times, please use http://www.smartmusic.com/support or call (800) 843-2066 Monday through Friday .
ALL USERS: Because SmartMusic 9 is installed separately from any previous installation, you may wish to uninstall your previous edition of SmartMusic to conserve Hard Drive space. If you wish to uninstall the previous version, it is recommended that you uninstall the previous edition before installing SmartMusic 9.