Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > SmartMusic - FORUM HAS MOVED! > FPA program  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

iling
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ilingAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2006
Total Posts : 2

Posted 4/1/2006 12:30 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Does anyone know if it is legal to register my school site with Finale and post the FPA program on my school's website for my students to download? I would like to make the FPA installation as simple as possible for my students. I'm trying to save my students a few steps by not having them individually register with Finale.

Tyler
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to TylerAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2001
Total Posts : 3586

Posted 4/1/2006 2:11 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
iling said...
Does anyone know if it is legal to register my school site with Finale and post the FPA program on my school's website for my students to download? I would like to make the FPA installation as simple as possible for my students. I'm trying to save my students a few steps by not having them individually register with Finale.

While I'm 99% sure MakeMusic will be completely fine with this, from the license agreement text it appears you'll need to write them to get permission.

"4. TRANSFER RESTRICTIONS. Not for commercial use. You may not sell or freely distribute the Software on media or from a website without the written permission of MakeMusic. You may transfer, assign, or otherwise dispose of your copy of the Software on a permanent basis without the written permission of MakeMusic. In no event may you rent, lease, grant sublicenses or any other rights in the Software to others on a temporary basis, including renting the Software and CPU together to other users."

You can get in touch with them here: /support.makemusic.com/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=/Default.aspx

Windows XP, all updates

Real Time Finale Discussion - FinaleIRC.Com

Post Edited (Tyler) : 4/1/2006 2:20:41 PM (GMT-6)

iling
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ilingAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2006
Total Posts : 2

Posted 4/1/2006 2:14 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
thanks! I will check it out.