After playing around on my computer it seems that files 2011 and 2210 are giving me trouble. I installed the software on another computer and had no problems. What is interesting is smart music 8.4 works perfect. 9.0 worked perfect and not that I installed 9.1 I now have a few funny things happening. I went back to 9.0 and those tabs went away only on the F Horn setting. On the other instruments no problems. I think if I could completely remove all files including those in the registre and so a total fresh install the problem would be fixed. I should have waited for the disks. I downloaded the update over the internet. I am finding that this is not a smart thing to do. Too easy to get a file corrupted. This maybe only me, but I hope that someone has experienced this and figured a fix.
I finally uninstalled the program completely. Fred sent me info on how to delete smart music form the registre and so I got a total fresh install. That fixed the problem totally. So far Smartmusic 9.1 is working on my Dell and my home computer like it is suppoed to do. Maybe that might be a solution, when you cannot seem to get the program to install and run correctly, maybe a total uninstall plus deleting smartmusic out of the registre will clear up alot of problems. You music follow the correct order of deleting the sofware and do the reinstall and it might be fine after that. I would get a disk and not try this over the internet. Anyway, it worked for me.