Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > SmartMusic - FORUM HAS MOVED! > SmartMusic Gradebook? GOD I NEED IT! BUT WHEN?  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

lhsband
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to lhsbandAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2006
Total Posts : 1

Posted 6/20/2006 9:48 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I am trying to integrate SmartMusic and Finale Performance Assessment into my high school music program.  I have over 170 band students that I am looking to assess and have been anxiously awaiting away to manage the assessments efficiently. 

I contacted Roger Whaley who developed a gradebook in FileMaker Pro to manage student work, Whaley sold his development to SmartMusic and that is what they package with the SmartMusic CD.  This program is good but a little bit hard to work with.  Whaley informed me that SmartMusic was releasing a new and improved version of the gradebook.  I know Pyware's IPAS has a decent managment system available but I hope SmartMusic will release a solution in the next month or so, (in time for school)!

Are there any other alternatives for managing student files and collecting assessments? 

I use FileMaker Pro so I am open to a non SmartMusic solution but I think a really nice, straight forward gradebook would be just what the doctor ordered for educators using SmartMusic and Finale Performance Assessment.  It would be nice if it let you add other grades (non SmartMusic) and keep track of attendance. 

If this software is really going to be our way of assessing students, it needs to be easy to manage and provide good managment solutions. 

Please help! 

Carla @ MakeMusic
MakeMusic

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Carla @ MakeMusic's website.Private Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2004
Total Posts : 1664

Posted 6/26/2006 1:18 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
No public announcements have been made regarding any future development on a gradebook for SmartMusic. Perhaps your friend read the latest Annual Report for investors...

-Carla

MakeMusic

These on-line forums are intended for the exchange of ideas among the users of MakeMusic products. If you'd like individual help from our technical support staff, please contact them directly at http://support.makemusic.com or call 952-937-9703.

ronraup
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ronraupAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2006

Posted 6/27/2006 11:06 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello,

I wanted to respond to your inquiry and let others know of our progress in the area you referenced in your posting.

We are in the process of developing several significant enhancements to SmartMusic™ that will be available in the release which is scheduled for late autumn.. One of these is SmartMusic Impact, a web-based grading and assessment service that allows music educators to easily create, assign, collect, and objectively document the progress of each student in your program.

Highlights of the new SmartMusic solution (SmartMusic 10.0 and SmartMusic Impact):

• Teachers create and save an assignment within SmartMusic by selecting what they want the student to practice and establishing the parameters associated with the assignment. This helps teachers guide how the student practices the assignment.
• The teacher saves the assignment by selecting the Assignments feature within SmartMusic. The assignment is then automatically posted to the teacher’s assignment library at the SmartMusic Impact website.
• Teachers manage student assignments through SmartMusic Impact, and the service includes the ability to import student data from the school district, and easily organize students by class.
• Teachers are able to select an assignment from their personal assignment library or a public assignment library. Teachers can easily select the assignment, add additional instructions, assign a point value for grading, establish the due date, and notify students of an assignment. All of this can be accomplished in about one minute!
• When the student logs into their SmartMusic account (either at school or home), SmartMusic automatically displays the assignments that are waiting. The student selects the assignment, and SmartMsuic automatically sets up every parameter for the assignment. No navigation of the software is required.
• After practicing the assignment, the student clicks on the Submit button and SmartMusic takes care of the rest. The assignment now resides on the teacher’s account in SmartMusic Impact. Teachers can review assessment scores or click on the recording icon and instantly hear the student’s recording of the assignment.
• SmartMusic Impact also includes:
o The ability to track student grades to date
o The ability to track attendance
o Calendars and the ability to post announcements and reminders
o And the ability to export grades to district grading software.

In addition to the introduction of SmartMusic Impact, SmartMusic 10.0 also includes stunning new accompaniment capabilities including the ability to make SmartMusic assignments using the new audio features. SmartMusic 10.0 will enable you to create SmartMusic assignments for any piece of music provided that they have an original CD audio recording of the piece. This means SmartMusic can support nearly every piece that you are preparing for your next concert.

The SmartMusic folks will be demonstrating SmartMusic 10.0 starting in July. Please visit SmartMusic.com to see when we’re be in your area.

Ron Raup
Chief Marketing Officer
MakeMusic, Inc.

Owen Bradley
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Owen BradleyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2006

Posted 7/3/2006 10:23 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Do you know if the new version of smartmusic will integrate with smartweb? That is the online grading program we use in our county.