Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Finale to Encore  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Germán
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to GermánAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2005
Total Posts : 2

Posted 1/8/2005 7:19 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Is there a way to export from Finale to Encore? or make Encore read Finale files? I'm a Encore user, but a friend sent me tons of scores in Finale, and exporting in MIDI doesnt preserve text, nor marks, etc. How can I do this? Please help!!!!!

Jari Williamsson
Registered Member

Click to send Jari Williamsson email.Click to visit Jari Williamsson's website.Send a Private Message to Jari WilliamssonAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 1998
Total Posts : 3246

Posted 1/8/2005 8:25 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Encore files are imported into Finale with "File/Import/Encore...". Don't know if there's a possibility of going in the opposite direction.

Jari Williamsson

Windows XP, Pentium 4
2.40 GHz, 1 GB RAM

Forza! and Forza! Lite plug-in collections:
http://www.jwmusic.nu/forza/ (main site)
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/forza-talk/ (discussions/announcements/beta versions)

The Finale Productivity Tips site:
http://www.finaletips.nu/

Dick Brodfuehrer
Hack Arranger and C.O.G. (Chief Old Geezer)

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Dick BrodfuehrerAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2000
Total Posts : 4687

Posted 1/8/2005 9:53 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I think you are out of luck. I have both Finale and Encore, and I don't know of any file type produced by Finale that can be opened in Encore.

Depending on how you want to use the Finale files, you might take a look at the free Finale NotePad program. It will open Finale files so you can look at them, listen to them, print them and do very limited editing. You can download it from the Finale site.

(Currently using: Finale 2003a, 2005, Windows XP-Home, TGTools 2.25, and The Glenlivet when I can afford it.)

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing!

Jurabe
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to JurabeAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2005
Total Posts : 9

Posted 1/24/2005 8:11 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
You should quit Encore, as I did, and switch to Finale, then
import your Encore files. Believe me, I've never looked back.

Germain
Registered Member

Click to send Germain email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to GermainAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2004
Total Posts : 912

Posted 1/24/2005 10:34 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
German

I think the best way to find out is to ask the software support of encore. Go to Govx.com and you should be able to get an answer from them if you could do it or may be a different ways of doing it.

Good luck

Germain T