Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > 2006 Installation question  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Mark Stringer
Registered Member

Click to send Mark Stringer email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Mark StringerAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 1999
Total Posts : 532

Posted 8/6/2005 8:53 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I'm about to install my new copy of the F2-6, but immediately get a window saying that if I'm using XP (which I am) and have a previous version of Finale installed, they strongly recommend me to restart my computer before installing. Why is this? Are they meaning to say I should uninstall F2005 before installing 2006?
Mark Stringer

Ron.
Composer

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Ron.'s website.Send a Private Message to Ron.AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 8828

Posted 8/6/2005 11:50 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi Mark,

I think it means you need to reboot before installing F2006. This is probably to flush memory of any structures that may be lingering from the last time you had f2005 open. (BTW, I have all previous versions of Finale on my system. I don't use them, but they are there and work.)

Ron
Finale 2006 and GPO
Amateur composer of sacred and secular music

Nickie Fønshauge
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Nickie Fønshauge's website.Send a Private Message to Nickie FønshaugeAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2004
Total Posts : 1525

Posted 8/6/2005 4:13 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Mark, just go along with the rebooting, it's perfectly safe. I just installed F06 and rebooted whenever I was told to. The installation went like a breeze and everything works perfect (so far - knock, knock on wood :~) ).

Nickie Fønshauge
PrintMusic04/Finale05/Finale06 - GPO - XP Home SP2 - Pentium 4 3.2E - 1 GB RAM - SB Audigy 2 ZS - Technics KN 500

Peter Thomsen
Registered Member

Click to send Peter Thomsen email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Peter ThomsenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2000
Total Posts : 8331

Posted 8/6/2005 5:12 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Nickie Fønshauge said...
...I just installed F06...

Welcome to the exclusive club of Finale 2006 owners!
It's good to know that the row-boat finally made it to Danmark. smilewinkgrin

Peter

Mac Finale 2004c, 2005b & 2006, Dolet plug-in, Mac OS X 10.3.9, iMac G4 1.25 GHz, 1 GB RAM

Nickie Fønshauge
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Nickie Fønshauge's website.Send a Private Message to Nickie FønshaugeAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2004

Posted 8/6/2005 5:34 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Thank you, Monsør Peter. It's even better to know that that slow boat row boat saved me at least $150. That's $100 a week lol

Nickie Fønshauge
PrintMusic04/Finale05/Finale06 - GPO - XP Home SP2 - Pentium 4 3.2E - 1 GB RAM - SB Audigy 2 ZS - Technics KN 500

Ron.
Composer

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Ron.'s website.Send a Private Message to Ron.AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 8828

Posted 8/6/2005 5:37 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Yes, congratulations, Nickie.

And I wanted to thank you for your suggestion that it is now safe to turn HyperThreading back on. I did, and Finale/GPO runs smoother than ever.

I still think someone should have said, "Finale is now HyperThreading safe" in one of the upgrades. (hum, maybe that's what they meant by 100% XP compatible).

Oh well...Enjoy your new toy (sorry, I meant "tool") ...

Ron
Finale 2006 and GPO
Amateur composer of sacred and secular music

Nickie Fønshauge
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2004

Posted 8/6/2005 8:12 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Ron, you bet I enjoy my new cool tool toy. :-)

Good to hear you've gotten both your workhorses running. And yes, it does work amazingly well.

Nickie Fønshauge

petey forrest
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit petey forrest's website.Send a Private Message to petey forrestAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 1999
Total Posts : 670

Posted 8/6/2005 10:03 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Peter Thomsen said...

Welcome to the exclusive club of Finale 2006 owners!
It's good to know that the row-boat finally made it to Danmark. smilewinkgrin

Peter
Congrats Nickie!

I should tell you now that I had put in a special word to speed up that rowboat of yours! hehehe

petey
finale 2006 & Charlie & the Chocolate Factory after effects... hehe

Nickie Fønshauge
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2004

Posted 8/7/2005 5:44 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Was that a special kind of Canadian spirited "word" that comes bundled in sixes? No wonder they took their time, then smilewinkgrin

Nickie Fønshauge

Post Edited (Nickie Fønshauge) : 8/7/2005 6:23:00 AM (GMT-5)