Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Location on screen  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

hughmckee
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to hughmckeeAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Sep 2002
Total Posts : 35

Posted 9/4/2005 6:17 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
How do I control/establish the location of where a page is to be
displayed on my monitor/screen.
The default position has the page too far left.

Thanks - Craig

Fritz Meissner
Choir Addict

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Fritz MeissnerAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2004
Total Posts : 3238

Posted 9/5/2005 9:28 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Please clarify :
Is the whole window and page off to the left on the monitor ? That would need adjusting on the monitor controls.
Or is the page off to the left of the display window ? Not sure what could give that effect - is this in page view or scroll view?

Fritz

PrintMusic 2004, Windows XP Pro, Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS, P4 2.6 GHz + 1 GB

hughmckee
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to hughmckeeAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Sep 2002

Posted 9/5/2005 5:30 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Hello Fritz,

The page is off to the left of the display window. It wasn't a long way off but I would like to change the definition of "Home Position."

I have a 19" screen and I like to have my "Main Menu" on the left.

I tried to use "Grabber" to move the display to the right but was unable.

Thanks - Craig

Roger Fox
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Roger FoxAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2003
Total Posts : 202

Posted 9/5/2005 7:19 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Have you tried right clicking on a blank area of the page and dragging the mouse to move the staves?

I can't seem to find a default setting for the staves either. I would think it would be available, but in the past I have just dragged the systems to the right if I can't see all the group names.

Roger Fox

Finale 2002-2005b

Zuill
"The Troll"

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ZuillAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 29077

Posted 9/5/2005 9:36 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
When the tools are docked on the left, the page should automatically move to the right. I can't seem to duplicate the results. Am I correct to understand that the left side of the page is behind the docked toolbars? Is this in page or scroll view?

Zuill

"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

Finale 2002b, 2003a, 2004b, 2005b, Win 2000 or XP

hughmckee
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2002

Posted 9/7/2005 6:16 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

It is true that the left side of the page is behind the "Main Menu" toolbar.

Using the grabber tool I can move the page vertically but not horizontally.

I would like to move the page horizontally.  I use 100% screen size; it fits well

within my 19" monitor, just too far left.  Does it has something to do with "view"?