Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Increasing printed image size when printing  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

provette82
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to provette82AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Sep 2004
Total Posts : 74

Posted 12/31/2005 4:36 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I'm printing on 12x18 paper and I want to increase the image size
for readability.  Does anyone know how to do that?  I tried
increasing the Maestro font size but the 5 staff lines stay the
same size.

Special thanks in advance for
any help

Paul O. smilewinkgrin
Arrrrgh.
FINALE2005.r1  windowsXP Sp2
3gig ram 100 gigharddrive 3.4mhz 

Jetcopy
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to JetcopyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2000
Total Posts : 4795

Posted 12/31/2005 4:49 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
provette82 said...
I'm printing on 12x18 paper and I want to increase the image size
for readability. Does anyone know how to do that? I tried
increasing the Maestro font size but the 5 staff lines stay the same size.

Is your document setup as a 12 x 18 document? Or is it a smaller size and you're trying to just enlarge it for printing?

Some enlarging options: In page view, choose the resize tool, click in the upper left hand corner to increase the page reduction. Or with the resize tool click just to the left of a staff, then enter a larger percentage. Or in the page layout menu, under resize staff system, enlarge that percentage. Or maybe you're just need to enlarge the image in the printer setup window, type in a larger number than 100%.

There's many choices depending on exactly how you're approaching it.

JT

G4 Powerbook, OSX 10.4.2, 1.67 mhz, 1.5 gigs ram

Dick Brodfuehrer
Hack Arranger and C.O.G. (Chief Old Geezer)

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Dick BrodfuehrerAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2000
Total Posts : 4687

Posted 12/31/2005 4:50 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Use the Page Layout Tool to set the proper page size. I assume in your example it would be 9x12-Concert that will be printed 2-up. But set it to whatever is correct, for example 12x18 or 18x12.

Then, still using the Page Layout Tool, resize pages or staff systems. The drop-down list refers to them as "reductions" but you can increase them by entering percents greater than 100. You will want to maintain margins, but you can experiment to find the mix that works best for you.

Finale 2003, 2005, (2006 - installed but not used)