Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Repeats and play only 2x for some instruments  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Francis
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to FrancisAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2004
Total Posts : 10

Posted 5/29/2006 6:30 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I would be very thankful to anybody bringing me the solution to make FINALE functional for the following circumstance :

I write a full score (several instruments).
A given portion of  has a repeat (simple, or with different endings 1 and 2, does not make any difference)

Some  instruments should play both times, some only second time.

For these last instruments, on the score, I put a mention (expression) with an instrument list "Play "2x only). All parts will be notated with the correct mention.

Works OK for musicians, but not for FINALE : it does not understand the expression. How can I get this to be played by FINALE ?

Thank you in advance

Francis

michelp
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit michelp's website.Send a Private Message to michelpAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2003
Total Posts : 2232

Posted 5/29/2006 7:12 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
The text expression that you create should be set to have an effect on playback. Select "Play on pass" and enter the appropriate number.

Michel
Finale 2005b on a MacG5 2x2,5 and MacOsX 10.4.6 French, Dolet 3.1.1 (for Finale Mac). 21' CRT + 19' LCD. Midi interface : MOTU Midi Express XT. Roland Sound Canvas SC88-vl. Printer : Xerox Laser Docuprint N2825 (A3)

Francis
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to FrancisAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2004
Total Posts : 10

Posted 5/29/2006 7:35 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi Michelp, Thanks for the message, but I have two additional questions :

1) I cannot find "Play on pass" on the playback, and

2) How can I adjust the number of bars which should only be played second time ?

Thanks
Francis

michelp
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit michelp's website.Send a Private Message to michelpAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2003
Total Posts : 2232

Posted 5/29/2006 8:14 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Francis said...
1) I cannot find "Play on pass" on the playback

When you create a text expression, in the "Text expression Designer" window, you'l find "playback" on the top. Click on it, then on Effect and "play on Pass", enter a number.

Francis said...
2) How can I adjust the number of bars which should only be played second time ?

Position the expression exactly where it is needed (it can be note attached, not necessarily measure attached).
You may have to create a second text expression with the playback activated on a specific pass and place it at the appropriate position. With several text expressions, you can "mute" or play some regions in the passes you decide.

Michel
Finale 2005b on a MacG5 2x2,5 and MacOsX 10.4.6 French, Dolet 3.1.1 (for Finale Mac). 21' CRT + 19' LCD. Midi interface : MOTU Midi Express XT. Roland Sound Canvas SC88-vl. Printer : Xerox Laser Docuprint N2825 (A3)