Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > FULL GPO installation  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
46 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :
 1  2 
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

David Guinness
'Cellist

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to David GuinnessAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableClick to Add david.guinness@hotmail.com to your MSN Buddy List.
Date Joined Nov 2006
Total Posts : 10

Posted 3/18/2007 10:19 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Here we go again...

I thought I'd put in my two bits on this. I've had the KP2 update for a couple of days now, and it works great standalone (much better than the KP1, IMO). However, I've been moving files round and round for two days and haven't been able to get the instruments to load up from the Setup Wizard, though they appear there. I know Tom H. has had the same problems with it. Have you had any luck with this, Nickie?

Nickie Fønshauge
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Nickie Fønshauge's website.Send a Private Message to Nickie FønshaugeAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2004
Total Posts : 1525

Posted 3/19/2007 6:04 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
David,

there is no gpofullinstrument.txt for the GPO KP2 library yet. Without this file the Wizard cannot load the instruments. I think Tom Prince of Music is trying to put one together. If he succeeds, maybe he will have the kindness to share it. Or maybe MM or Garritan can be persuaded to create one by the proper amount of appeals ;-)

Nickie Katharina Fønshauge
Finale06/07 - Kontakt 2 - Stradivari

David Guinness
'Cellist

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to David GuinnessAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableClick to Add david.guinness@hotmail.com to your MSN Buddy List.
Date Joined Nov 2006

Posted 3/19/2007 4:26 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Nickie,

From what I can tell, Tom Prince has gotten GPO loading properly into Finale, but only with the default installation settings--installing the full GPO library files into the Finale GPO 2.0 folder. Tom Hopkins has also fixed a few issues with the txt file... But still no luck. I know David Sosnowski is also working on it.

Let me know if you hear anything new. I'll do the same.

Thanks,
David

Carla @ MakeMusic
MakeMusic

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Carla @ MakeMusic's website.Private Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2004
Total Posts : 1664

Posted 3/19/2007 4:57 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Garritan enthusiasts,

We currently have available new instrument.txt files to allow the Finale 2007c Setup Wizard to load into the Kontakt Player 2 the updated libraries for Garritan Jazz and Big Band and the Garritan Stradivari. Save the attached text files into your Finale VST folder along with the appropriate library dlls. Mac lurkers, these files can also go into the Finale AU folder.

We're waiting on one last piece to build a new instrument.txt file that can load up the full GPO instruments. I'd recommend sending Customer Support a case to get this file as soon as it becomes available.

Enjoy!

-Carla

MakeMusic

These on-line forums are intended for the exchange of ideas among the users of MakeMusic products. If you'd like individual help from our technical support staff, please contact them directly at http://support.makemusic.com or call 952-937-9703.

File Attachment :
GarritanJazzinstrument-K2.txt   62KB (text/plain)
This file has been downloaded 1396 time(s).

File Attachment :
StradivariViolin.txt   1KB (text/plain)
This file has been downloaded 1015 time(s).

Carla @ MakeMusic
MakeMusic

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Carla @ MakeMusic's website.Private Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2004
Total Posts : 1664

Posted 3/20/2007 3:26 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Here's the file to allow the Setup Wizard to load the new full GPO 2.0 instruments. Copy the gpofull2instrument.txt attached into the Finale 2007/FinaleVST folder.

After installing the update from Native Instrument's website, you'll need to copy the .nks files from the old GPO Library folder to the new GPO Library folder. Garritan has a little helper file that can do this for you on their Forum.

Copy the updated KontaktPlayer2.dll file to the Finale 2007/FinaleVST folder - it should be version 2.2.1.10.

Please note that you will also need the Finale 2007c maintenance update to load any 3rd-party libraries into the Kontakt Player 2 via the Setup Wizard.

Hope this helps!

-Carla

MakeMusic

These on-line forums are intended for the exchange of ideas among the users of MakeMusic products. If you'd like individual help from our technical support staff, please contact them directly at http://support.makemusic.com or call 952-937-9703.

File Attachment :
gpofull2instrument.txt   54KB (text/plain)
This file has been downloaded 1530 time(s).

Jari Williamsson
Registered Member

Click to send Jari Williamsson email.Click to visit Jari Williamsson's website.Send a Private Message to Jari WilliamssonAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 1998
Total Posts : 3246

Posted 3/20/2007 6:12 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Seems like there's still something missing to get it to work totally accurate. While the Wizard and playback engine now recognize GPO KP2, HP doesn't seem do so for some reason. If I create a document with the "Violins 1 KS" instrument from the Sections Strings, I for example only get the default "pizz." expression interpreted correctly by HP when using Finale GPO, not when creating a document using GPO KP2. Anyone else getting the same problem? If so, any solution?

Jari Williamsson

Windows XP, Pentium 4
2.40 GHz, 1 GB RAM

Forza! and Forza! Lite plug-in collections for Finale: http://www.jwmusic.nu/forza/

The Finale Productivity Tips site: http://www.finaletips.nu/

David Sosnowski
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit David Sosnowski's website.Private Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2006
Total Posts : 175

Posted 3/20/2007 6:31 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Jari Williamsson said...
Seems like there's still something missing to get it to work totally accurate. While the Wizard and playback engine now recognize GPO KP2, HP doesn't seem do so for some reason. If I create a document with the "Violins 1 KS" instrument from the Sections Strings, I for example only get the default "pizz." expression interpreted correctly by HP when using Finale GPO, not when creating a document using GPO KP2. Anyone else getting the same problem? If so, any solution?

Yes.

David Sosnowski

Michaelb_uk
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Michaelb_ukAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2005
Total Posts : 103

Posted 3/21/2007 3:53 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Carla @ MakeMusic said...
Here's the file to allow the Setup Wizard to load the new full GPO 2.0 instruments. Copy the gpofull2instrument.txt attached into the Finale 2007/FinaleVST folder.

After installing the update from Native Instrument's website, you'll need to copy the .nks files from the old GPO Library folder to the new GPO Library folder. Garritan has a little helper file that can do this for you on their Forum.

Copy the updated KontaktPlayer2.dll file to the Finale 2007/FinaleVST folder - it should be version 2.2.1.10.

Please note that you will also need the Finale 2007c maintenance update to load any 3rd-party libraries into the Kontakt Player 2 via the Setup Wizard.

Hope this helps!

Where do I find the updated KontaktPlayer2.dll file version 2.2.1.10?

I have searched in my Finale, Garritan and NI folders and it's not there. I have looked through the updates on the Garritan site and logged into my Northern Instruments account but no sign of this particular file.

Thanks.

Nickie Fønshauge
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Nickie Fønshauge's website.Send a Private Message to Nickie FønshaugeAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2004

Posted 3/21/2007 6:14 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Jari Williamsson said...
expression interpreted correctly by HP when using Finale GPO, not when creating a document using GPO KP2. Anyone else getting the same problem?

Oh, yes, I get the same problem. And I guess I should not be surprised. I have never been able to get HP to recognize any specific K2 patches either, only the device "Kontakt2". It seems HP has a few serious bugs, that affect its handling of K2 and KP2.

Nickie Fønshauge
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2004

Posted 3/21/2007 6:16 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Michaelb_uk said...

I have searched in my Finale, Garritan and NI folders and it's not there. I have looked through the updates on the Garritan site and logged into my Northern Instruments account but no sign of this particular file.

Thanks.

You will find it where ever you told the updater to put it. The updater asked you, where it should put the VST plugin.

If you cannot remember where, run the updater again until you get to the point, where it asks for the VST destination, make a note of the folder and then cancel the update.

Michaelb_uk
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Michaelb_ukAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2005
Total Posts : 103

Posted 3/21/2007 6:37 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Nickie Fønshauge said...
Michaelb_uk said...

Thanks.

You will find it where ever you told the updater to put it. The updater asked you, where it should put the VST plugin.

If you cannot remember where, run the updater again until you get to the point, where it asks for the VST destination, make a note of the folder and then cancel the update.

Thanks Nickie. I did a search on my system and found the file (it was in my Cakewalk folder .. I don't remember being asked!)

Anyway .. still no luck.

First, I know K2 is installed and working fully; it works beautifully in Sonar 6 Producer .. no problems whatsoever!

Regarding Finale; I have now added the new gpofull2instrument.txt provided by Carla. I have also copied the updated KontaktPlayer2.dll file version 2.2.1.10 to the Finale 2007/FinaleVST folder and I am using Finale 2007C. Still I get that dreaded error message 'File not found. Check if library is installed correctly'.

Nickie Fønshauge
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2004

Posted 3/21/2007 8:43 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Michaelb_uk said...
Regarding Finale; I have now added the new gpofull2instrument.txt provided by Carla. I have also copied the updated KontaktPlayer2.dll file version 2.2.1.10 to the Finale 2007/FinaleVST folder and I am using Finale 2007C. Still I get that dreaded error message 'File not found. Check if library is installed correctly'.

Michael, reinstalling F07c on top of F07c has - for reasons known only to MM - fixed it for some people.

Jari Williamsson
Registered Member

Click to send Jari Williamsson email.Click to visit Jari Williamsson's website.Send a Private Message to Jari WilliamssonAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 1998

Posted 3/21/2007 10:12 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Michaelb_uk said...
Anyway .. still no luck.

Can you load the patches (the notation ones) manually from the Native Instruments VST Setup?

Jari Williamsson

Windows XP, Pentium 4
2.40 GHz, 1 GB RAM

Forza! and Forza! Lite plug-in collections for Finale: http://www.jwmusic.nu/forza/

Jari Williamsson
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 1998

Posted 3/21/2007 2:29 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Nickie Fønshauge said...
Oh, yes, I get the same problem. And I guess I should not be surprised. I have never been able to get HP to recognize any specific K2 patches either, only the device "Kontakt2". It seems HP has a few serious bugs, that affect its handling of K2 and KP2.

I just got an answer from tech support and they confirmed that Human Playback and the GPO KP2 update currently do not work together. They also said "Please keep an eye on our website for information regarding a fix." which seems hopeful.

If there is some other package that doesn't work with KP2 together with Human Playback, please make sure to tell tech support about it.

Jari Williamsson

Windows XP, Pentium 4
2.40 GHz, 1 GB RAM

Post Edited (Jari Williamsson) : 3/21/2007 2:43:39 PM (GMT-5)

David Guinness
'Cellist

Date Joined Nov 2006

Posted 3/21/2007 4:19 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I've also noticed some entries missing in the file...or something... the glass harmonica (not terribly important, mind) yields the common "file not found" error message, though the other instruments I've tested load up quite well.

Mike Rosen
himself

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Mike Rosen's website.Send a Private Message to Mike RosenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2006
Total Posts : 14146

Posted 3/21/2007 5:56 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Nuts! There goes my triple concerto for glass harmonica, theramin, and counter-tenor!!!

Mike Rosen

WebLackey for the Seattle SeaChordsmen

PrintMusic 2006 on the PC
Nightingale on the Ol' Macintosh

"As a musician, he's a damn fine woodworker."

Jari Williamsson
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 1998

Posted 3/21/2007 6:11 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
David Guinness said...
I've also noticed some entries missing in the file...or something... the glass harmonica (not terribly important, mind) yields the common "file not found" error message, though the other instruments I've tested load up quite well.

It's just a spelling error:

open the gpofull2instrument.txt file with a text editor.
Change the line containing:
9. Notation/5. Keyboards/n-Glass Harmonica.nki
into:
9. Notation/5. Keyboards/n-Glass Armonica.nki

Jari Williamsson

Windows XP, Pentium 4
2.40 GHz, 1 GB RAM

David Guinness
'Cellist

Date Joined Nov 2006

Posted 3/21/2007 10:22 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
HA, thank you--I should have realized that... there are several variations for some of the instrument name spellings.

ShowPan2512
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit ShowPan2512's website.Send a Private Message to ShowPan2512AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Sep 2006
Total Posts : 298

Posted 3/22/2007 2:08 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Nickie I received a response from Matt or Matthew at MM and I was provided with a new FinaleVSTHost.dll file and I downloaded it and saved to my desktop.  I copied the file and placed it in the Finale/VST folder.  I pasted it into the file on top of the one already there.  I have not had time to test all the functions of Finale2007c with full GOP and KontaktPlayer2.  I used a file that I saved with two different names.  One I loaded with Player1 and the other with player2 and the playr2 sound quality was brilliant compared to player1.  I have not had a chance to check the all the articulations, but I will create a file later on today and experiment.  Thus far playback and loading instrument are working fine.  Although, the only ones that I seem to be able to load have a prefix of "n-" placed before tem.  Some of the one without that prefix give the "patch will can not be loaded with this application" message.  So I choose one that will for now.
Nickie Fønshauge said...
Michaelb_uk said...

Thanks.

Prince of Music
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Prince of MusicAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Sep 2005

Posted 3/22/2007 3:30 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
The FinaleVSTHost.dll and the Kontakt2 player dll are totally different things. The first is a "beta" fix for the crashing problems that people were having with HP in particular. You get that from Finale Tech support. The Kontakt2 player you get from Native Instruments on the Update page under Garritan Personal Orchestra. You need to request a new serial number then download and install the update. AFTER you install the update you need to copy the new Kontakt2 player dll into the Finale/VST folder from where ever you installed it. This depends on your choices during install as well as where the Windows Registry thinks your "default" VST folder is.

As to the instruments with "n-" in front of them, these are the new versions of the GPO2.0 instrument files for use with Finale (the n standing for notation). I find the new naming kinda helpful since it makes it more obvious if you load the non-notation version by accident.

Tom

Nickie Fønshauge
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2004

Posted 3/22/2007 6:15 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
ShowPan2512 said...
Nickie I received a response from Matt or Matthew at MM and I was provided with a new FinaleVSTHost.dll file and I downloaded it and saved to my desktop. I copied the file and placed it in the Finale/VST folder. I pasted it into the file on top of the one already there.

Samantha, FinaleVSTHost.dll belongs in the Finale 2007 folder, not the Finale 2007\FinaleVST folder. If you want Finale to use it, you must put it in the right folder.