Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Finale 2007 - GPO doesn't play back!  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

jbirdsilly
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to jbirdsillyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2007
Total Posts : 1

Posted 6/19/2007 8:04 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I recently bought Finale 2007.
I installed it on my Windows 2000 laptop, and the GPO sounds wouldn't play back, but the SoftSynth sounds would.
So, I then tried it on my Desktop Computer - Windows XP.
Everything worked fine, including the GPO sounds.
Once I played it back once, everything was right.
A second time, only bass and percussion instruments would play.
A third, only percussion.
And any time after that, nothing.
Once I restart my computer, the only thing that plays are bass and percussion, then eventually down to nothing.
I am extremley upset that I paid this much money for something that doesn't work properly.

Ron.
Composer

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Ron.'s website.Send a Private Message to Ron.AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 8828

Posted 6/19/2007 9:28 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
jbirdsilly said...
I installed it on my Windows 2000 laptop, and the GPO sounds wouldn't play back, but the SoftSynth sounds would.

So, I then tried it on my Desktop Computer - Windows XP.

Everything worked fine, including the GPO sounds.

Once I played it back once, everything was right.

A second time, only bass and percussion instruments would play.

A third, only percussion.

And any time after that, nothing.

Once I restart my computer, the only thing that plays are bass and percussion, then eventually down to nothing.

I am extremley upset that I paid this much money for something that doesn't work properly.

If it didn't work properly, then there would be an awful lot of angry people. The most likely culprit is something wrong in your setup. For starters, try this: forum.makemusic.com/default.aspx?f=5&m=192483

Ron, composer
www.RonaldJBrown.com

Finale 2006c; full GPO & JABB
M-Audio Keystation 61es
Win XP/Pro, 2.7 GHz processor, 2 Gb RAM

ShowPan2512
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit ShowPan2512's website.Send a Private Message to ShowPan2512AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Sep 2006
Total Posts : 298

Posted 6/19/2007 10:47 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

It is a process that you must do in order to get GPO to work in Finale.

Go to the "Start" button; My Computer; "C: dirve; Program Files; Finale 2007 folder.  In the Finale 2007 folder double click on the FinaleVST folder and write down the files in the folder for future reference.  The following files need to be in the folder for the GPO sounds to be included in the dropdown list in the Finale new file wizard:   gpo2instrument.text (14 kB); gpofullinstrument.text (54 kB); Garritan Ambience.dll (this one should be plced in the folder during installation.  If not you will need to copy and past the file in the FinaleVST folder.)  PersonalOrchestraVST.dll 1.1.8.3; (this one should be plced in the folder during installation.  If not you will need to copy and past the file in the FinaleVST folder.); KontaktPlayer2.dll (this one should be plced in the folder during installation.  If not you will need to copy and past the file in the FinaleVST folder.);  The PersonalOrchestraVST.dll 1.1.8.3 file is found in the Garritan Persona Orchestra Program folder inside the VSTplugins folder. 

I have included the two text files and the FinaleVSTHost.dll as attachements.  The FinaleVSTHost.dll you will need when you upgrade to Finale 2007c.  This update has had crash issues for many users.  After you have upgraded to Finale 2007c you will need to copy the FinaleVSTHost.dll in to the C:Program Files\Finale 2007 folder.  Just past it anywhere in this folder by right clicking and pasting the file after you have copied it.  However, use the Finale 2007c for a while, but if you start having crashes then you will need to past the FinaleVSTHost.dll file in the folder I incidated above.  This VSTHost.dll is the one that shipped with the software.  When you upgrade to 2007c a new VSTHost.dll is installed and it is unstable.  When you are done copying and pasting to the FinaleVST folder the following should be in the folder:

gpo2instrument.text (14 kB);
gpofullinstrument.text (54 kB);
Garritan Ambience.dll
PersonalOrchestraVST.dll
KontaktPlayer2.dll

The set-up I have above is the one in my FinaleVSTHost.dll folder.

I've set this post to alert me of post via e-mail and I'll check back with you.  The Nothern Sounds Forum is the very best forum you will ever join.  Everyone there is very helpful.  It is Gary Garritan's forum.  There is a chat on Friday and Sunday and Gary will, more likely than not, be there for the chat.  

I hope this will help.  I was like you when I purchased Finale and GOP last year.  I learned 99% of what I know from the Nothern Sound forum.  Also there you will not find mean, grumpy and rude replys to your post. 

Samantha Penigar
Finale 2007c, Garritan Personal Orchestra, Sonar Home Studio 6 XL
HP Media Center XP, 2.8gHz processor, 2GB Ram, 300GB Harddrive
Sennheiser HD 280 pro earphones.

File Attachment :
gpo2instrument.txt   14KB (text/plain)
This file has been downloaded 1245 time(s).

File Attachment :
gpofullinstrument.txt   53KB (text/plain)
This file has been downloaded 699 time(s).

File Attachment :
FinaleVSTHost.dll   196KB (application/octet-stream)
This file has been downloaded 310 time(s).

Nickie Fønshauge
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Nickie Fønshauge's website.Send a Private Message to Nickie FønshaugeAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2004
Total Posts : 1525

Posted 6/21/2007 4:53 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
jbirdsilly said...

I suppose this is the Finale GPO, playing through Kontakt Player 2? KP2 does not support Win2k.

Use WinXP SP2, if you want to be sure, your OS is supported by KP2 (SP1 might do it as well with KP2.1.*).

Nickie Katharina Fønshauge
Finale06/07 - Kontakt 2 - Stradivari

chikitin
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to chikitinAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2007
Total Posts : 171

Posted 10/8/2009 9:53 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I have everything set up perfect. It was working up to yesterday. It keeps crashing starting today. I updated Kontakt player to the newest 2.24 from NI website and also my GPO full version.

I have loaded into Finale 2007c my GPO full instruments via KP2. But as soon as I playback, it crashes.

PS. I cannot use Garittan Personal Orchestra either. When I try to load a patch, it says: "this page was generated by a newer version of Kontakt. Please upgrade your copy to load the patch."

what are all these about?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

cs

PS.I don't think I have updated kp2 from Kp1 as I had GPO full 2nd edition.

HP Pavilion zv6000
WinXP-Pro. 2GB RM+600GB HDD
Software: Finale 2007c, BIAB 2005, Garritan JABB and GPO, Nuendo 4, WaveLab 5, NI-Komplete 5, Kore 2, Reason 4
Keyboards: Roland Fantom X8, Creative PC-MIDI keyboard

Post Edited (chikitin) : 10/8/2009 9:08:37 AM (GMT-5)

warrenbarnett
Registered Member

Click to send warrenbarnett email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to warrenbarnettAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2003
Total Posts : 1441

Posted 10/25/2009 2:16 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Sometimes no matter how hard you try, you just can't fix things, and it isn't necessarily the fault of the software manufacturer (in this case MakeMusic) or the OS manufacturer. If all else fails, save all your personal stuff from Finale directories such as libraries that you may have created, or templates or whatever, and un-install Finale and Garritan and then re-install them both. This will usually fix things. However sometimes it won't. The next step might be to Save ALL you personal stuff from your hard drive and re-install Windows. This is extreme, so don't just go doing it willy-nilly. I have, in the past, needed to go to this extreme after exhausting all other avenues, and then everything worked miraculously. I don't think there was a problem caused by Finale, just the fact that I have a tendancy to install way too much crap on my computer that can screw up my registry. Fortunately, I am comfortable enough to re-format my machine and start from scratch, but not everyone is.

The problem with "When I try to load a patch, it says: "this page was generated by a newer version of Kontakt. Please upgrade your copy to load the patch." " is that once the Kontakt Player 2 is installed, then Kontakt Player 1 no longer works. That is the way that it is supposed to be. This error usually comes up for me if I try to load the Finale version of Garritan personal Orchestra, not the Full GPO. Another issue here is that you probably need to go back to the Native Instruments Service Center and make sure that all of the registrations there are current with your new files.

Warren Barnett

Finale 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
Garritan Personal Orchestra
Garritan Personal Orchestra 4.0,
Jazz & Big Band
Concert & Marching Band
Tapspace Virtual Drumline 2.51