Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > kontakt player 223 with GPO,GJBB, GPO for finale and setup wizard integration...  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Playflute
Life is a take...

Click to send Playflute email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to PlayfluteAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableClick to Add Serge to your MSN Buddy List.
Date Joined Aug 2003
Total Posts : 267

Posted 9/23/2007 1:07 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi,
my (updated) kontakt player 223 carries GPO, Garritan Jazz and Bigband and GPO set for FInale.
Has anyone the textfile to be put in the FinaleVST folder in order to have the finale score setup wizard giving access to all sounds of the 3 libraries in one instance of the Kontakt player.
Thx.

Serge

Acer1703/2.66Gb/1Gb/WinXPHome-sp2/F2007c/F2008/TGTools

Michaelb_uk
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Michaelb_ukAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2005
Total Posts : 103

Posted 9/23/2007 6:35 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello Serge,

I am using Finale 2008 with GPO and JaBB.

The Garritan Instruments for Finale set should have been installed when you installed Finale, assuming you opted for this.

Carla has provided the gpofull2instrument.txt and the GarritanJazzinstrument-k2.txt files. You can find these in the following post (4th and 5th post down):

forum.makemusic.com/default.aspx?f=5&m=173713&g=183543#m183543

You should also have the KP2 dll file in the same folder. To summarise, the four files you should have in your Finale 2008 folder to use with Kontakt Player 2.2.3 are:

(1) KontaktPlayer2.dll
(2) GIFinstrument.txt
(3) gpofull2instrument.txt
(4) GarritanJazzinstrument-K2.txt

Hope this helps.

Michael

Playflute
Life is a take...

Click to send Playflute email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to PlayfluteAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableClick to Add Serge to your MSN Buddy List.
Date Joined Aug 2003

Posted 9/28/2007 6:10 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
my install is fine...
what I'm looking for is a (new) textflie that would go something like :
GIF+GPO+Gjbb-K2instrument.txt in such a way that when you open the setup wizard you could access the three libraries in as few as one instance of the Kontakt player... maybe I try to make one myself using the other textfiles... but it might have happened that somebody created this already.

Serge

Ron.
Composer

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Ron.'s website.Send a Private Message to Ron.AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 8828

Posted 9/28/2007 12:02 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
If you put the files that Michael told you about, all instrument libraries will be accessible from the setup wizard and you can mix them in one instance of the Kontakt 2 Player. In fact, the setup Wizard will do that for you.

Ron, composer
www.RonaldJBrown.com

Finale 2008, full GPO & JABB
Win XP/Pro, 2.7 GHz processor, 2 Gb RAM

Playflute
Life is a take...

Date Joined Aug 2003

Posted 9/28/2007 5:58 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
this made my day. thanks for leading me there.
so as a consequence, I kicked out the old garritanjazzvst.dll and the personnalorchestravst.dll as well as the garritanjazz.txt and the gpofullinstrument.txt... just leaving the Kontakt player and the smartsynthvst with their respective txt files.
finale boots up way faster now, and all sounds are there.
Great !

Serge

Post Edited (Playflute) : 9/28/2007 6:16:49 PM (GMT-5)