Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Staff Labels on Each Page?  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

DonpK
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to DonpKAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Sep 2007
Total Posts : 5

Posted 9/28/2007 12:12 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Is there a way to have the labels for each staff, for example, the instrument names in an orchestral score. appear on each page instead of just the first page? The same would apply to the title text.

Thanks,

Don

Ron.
Composer

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Ron.'s website.Send a Private Message to Ron.AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 8828

Posted 9/28/2007 1:09 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Well, if you really want the entire instrument name on each page, instead of a standard abbreviation, use the staff tool and edit the abbreviation. By default the title appears in smaller case on each page. Are you asking how to get the full-blown large type title on each page?

Ron, composer
www.RonaldJBrown.com

Finale 2008, full GPO & JABB
Win XP/Pro, 2.7 GHz processor, 2 Gb RAM

DonpK
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to DonpKAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Sep 2007

Posted 9/28/2007 1:49 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Thanks Ron,

After reading your message, I realized I had left out an important piece of information. The file I am working was a Midi file I downloaded and then saved as a .mus file. I assigned the instrument names and title to the first page and saw that this information was not carried on to the remaining 290 pages. Thus my question.

Don

Zuill
"The Troll"

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ZuillAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 29077

Posted 9/28/2007 2:23 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
When importing MIDI files, Finale creates a Full Name based on the MIDI file channel or track names (this shows only on the first system). You will need to create the Abbreviated Names yourself in Staff Attributes. These show on systems 2 through the end of the document.

Zuill

"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

Finale 2002b, 2003a, 2004b, 2005b, Win 2000 or XP

Favorite Forum quote: "Please, everybody, IGNORE THE TROLL!"

Ron.
Composer

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Ron.'s website.Send a Private Message to Ron.AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 8828

Posted 9/28/2007 2:34 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
...and look under "File Info" on the "File" drop down list to add your title, composer, arranger, copyright info, etc. They should then propagated correctly throughout the document.

Ron, composer
www.RonaldJBrown.com

Finale 2008, full GPO & JABB
Win XP/Pro, 2.7 GHz processor, 2 Gb RAM

DonpK
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2007

Posted 9/28/2007 2:51 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Thanks, Zuill, that did it!

Don