Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > f2008 part extraction ignores multirests and bars/system settings... :freaked:  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Playflute
Life is a take...

Click to send Playflute email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to PlayfluteAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableClick to Add Serge to your MSN Buddy List.
Date Joined Aug 2003
Total Posts : 267

Posted 10/3/2007 12:42 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I'm just ending some bigband arrangements and on extracting parts F2008 contrary to previous editions... doesn't apply the options checked in the Part Creation Preference Dialogue... leaving me to loose a ton of time to make adjustments like multimeasure rests and bars per system manually on every single part.
Well that is, I suppose there's a checkbox somewhere with some wrong checking... at least I hope...
but which one ? Ideas ?
TIA

Serge

Acer1703/2.66Gb/1Gb/WinXPHome-sp2/F2007c/F2008/TGTools

Daz
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to DazAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2006
Total Posts : 1723

Posted 10/3/2007 1:06 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi

Something to try (I'm assuming that you're not using the linked parts feature to edit parts as you go)

If you had create the document with the wizard (even if you hadn't) you might want to re-generate the parts.
open your doc, save to a new name (in case things don't work as you expect)
Document->Manage Parts
One, by one, select and delete all linked parts.
Set your part creation preferences
Click on "Generate Parts"
Click on OK.

Go to Document-Edit Part and select a part to verify that it worked as expected.
Go back to your score (Document->Edit Score)
Extract the parts.

Cheers...

Daz. :o)

------------------------
Finale 2006,2007,2008 - WinXP