Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Converting Finale files for flash movie playback  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Simon Rodwell
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Simon RodwellAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Sep 2004
Total Posts : 39

Posted 10/8/2007 9:54 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I am hoping to be able to convert some Finale 2008 files to flash movie format for playback on a web page.  The method I would use so far would be to capture the file playing back with a tool such as Adobe Captivate.  I imagine that this is the way some of the video tutorial fiels were constructed.  I guess I would either capture the audio at the same time or sync it up later inside Flash

Does anyone have any better suggestions than this?   I think one useful bell or whistle suggestion for Finale 2009 would be to have the capability to save files in .avi or mpeg4 format.  It would cut out some need for notepad and would be so useful for building educational tutorial websites.

I can imagine though that some of those who prefer Finale to stick to what it is good at  i.e notation and music engraving might not warm to this idea as much.

Thanks for any suggestions
Simon UK

Daz
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to DazAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2006
Total Posts : 1723

Posted 10/8/2007 10:08 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi

The easiest way would be to save your file as audio, then import that into your video editor.
To export to audio, Files->Save Special->Save as Audio File.

Since Finale 2007, you can do some preliminary sync work from within Finale
See the Help manual (Movie Window) for details.
The Movie window will allow you to load flash movies.

Cheers...

Daz. :o)

------------------------
Finale 2006,2007,2008 - WinXP

Yrjö Fager
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Yrjö Fager's website.Send a Private Message to Yrjö FagerAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2007
Total Posts : 36

Posted 10/8/2007 10:34 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Try CamStudio for recording and converting to Flash SWF video
camstudio.org/

Finale 2008 + Sibelius 4 + Cubase 4

Simon Rodwell
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Simon RodwellAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Sep 2004
Total Posts : 39

Posted 10/8/2007 11:31 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Thanks I knew what to do with the audio - the camstudio suggestion is good if it is cheap

ShowPan2512
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit ShowPan2512's website.Send a Private Message to ShowPan2512AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Sep 2006
Total Posts : 298

Posted 10/9/2007 7:27 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I checked out the site.  I printed the information from the site to review later.  Would this software allow me to record one of my Finale files, which would show the green line following the score to the end?
Yrjö Fager said...
Try CamStudio for recording and converting to Flash SWF video
camstudio.org/

Samantha Penigar
Finale 2007c, Garritan Personal Orchestra, Sonar Home Studio 6 XL
HP Media Center XP, 2.8gHz processor, 2GB Ram, 300GB Harddrive
Sennheiser HD 280 pro earphones.

The opinions in this reply are the express opinions of the writer.  They in no way reflect the overall opinions of other forum members.  You can take them or you can leave them, but you can not change them.  It is an inalienable right to express one's opinion.  I have just expressed mine.