Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Another Bug?  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

avremig
Registered Member

Click to send avremig email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to avremigClick to Add avremig to Your AIM Buddy List.ICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 1998
Total Posts : 338

Posted 10/23/2007 6:22 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Whn copying a region that has attached chord symbols, I sometimes find that  the resultant region does not play back the chords correctly.  That is to say, it sometimes plays back the wrong chord (major instead of minor, major sevenths where none exist).  Can someone shed any light on this?

On another topic.  I'm curious (maybe we should poll this) how many files different users have generated over the years. I did a search today for all the *.mus on my system and it returned a result of 22,759.  Just curious, is all.

Thanks

Avremi Gourarie

Davidmorehead
Registered Member

Click to send Davidmorehead email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to DavidmoreheadAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2000
Total Posts : 2203

Posted 10/23/2007 6:30 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Are you referring to Finale 2008?

I suggest putting this info in your signature.

David Morehead
Finale 2006 on a Sony Laptop

avremig
Registered Member

Click to send avremig email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to avremigClick to Add avremig to Your AIM Buddy List.ICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 1998

Posted 10/23/2007 6:35 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Sorry, yes. 2008.  Windwows XP

Peter Thomsen
Registered Member

Click to send Peter Thomsen email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Peter ThomsenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2000
Total Posts : 8331

Posted 10/24/2007 1:31 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
avremig said...
...On another topic. I'm curious (maybe we should poll this) how many files different users have generated over the years. I did a search today for all the *.mus on my system and it returned a result of 22,759. Just curious, is all...

I have 13,019 files.

Peter

Mac Finale 2006d, 2007c & 2008, Dolet 3.5 plug-in, Mac OS X 10.4.10, iMac Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.16 GHz, 2 GB RAM

ShowPan2512
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit ShowPan2512's website.Send a Private Message to ShowPan2512AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Sep 2006
Total Posts : 298

Posted 10/24/2007 2:00 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Do any of the measures you have copied and pasted have, key changes or clef changes in them?  Thing like this will produce the kind results you mentioned.
avremig said...
Whn copying a region that has attached chord symbols, I sometimes find that  the resultant region does not play back the chords correctly.  That is to say, it sometimes plays back the wrong chord (major instead of minor, major sevenths where none exist).  Can someone shed any light on this?

On another topic.  I'm curious (maybe we should poll this) how many files different users have generated over the years. I did a search today for all the *.mus on my system and it returned a result of 22,759.  Just curious, is all.

Thanks

Avremi Gourarie

Samantha Penigar
Finale 2007c, Garritan Personal Orchestra, Sonar Home Studio 6 XL
HP Media Center XP, 2.8gHz processor, 2GB Ram, 300GB Harddrive
Sennheiser HD 280 pro earphones.

The opinions in this reply are the express opinions of the writer.  They in no way reflect the overall opinions of other forum members.  You can take them or you can leave them, but you can not change them.  It is an inalienable right to express one's opinion.  I have just expressed mine.

Wlgold
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to WlgoldAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2004
Total Posts : 1733

Posted 10/24/2007 7:29 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
avremig said...
Whn copying a region that has attached chord symbols, I sometimes find that the resultant region does not play back the chords correctly. That is to say, it sometimes plays back the wrong chord (major instead of minor, major sevenths where none exist). Can someone shed any light on this?

On another topic. I'm curious (maybe we should poll this) how many files different users have generated over the years. I did a search today for all the *.mus on my system and it returned a result of 22,759. Just curious, is all.

Thanks

Avremi Gourarie

Are you pasting into a new document? Try using Insert instead of paste. The quantity of .mus files bears no relation to their quality.

Finale 2008, XP Pro, 1GB, full GPO, JABB

David Young : chambermusic
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to David Young : chambermusicAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Sep 2000
Total Posts : 2694

Posted 10/24/2007 11:29 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
You all have a lot of files.

I probably have a few thousand.

David

David Young

Composer of classical-romantic style chamber and orchestral music.

Finale 2.4 through 2008
Laptop PC, windows XP home, 2.4 ghz, 516 Megs RAM
Desktop PC, windows XP home, Gigastudio 3.03, 2 Gigs RAM, 3 hard drives

Also... GPO, Gigastudio 3.0, Kontakt 2.2, KH solo strings, VSL horizon solo strings, JABB, PMI pianos, Sampletekk renaissance flutes, Marimba, percussion, Giovani, complete Kirk Hunter orchestral library, Kirk Hunter Diamond Library with very limited knowledge of how to use them.

Join us at www.composeforums.com for discussion of music composition,
arranging and orchestration!

Dan Powers
Registered Member

Click to send Dan Powers email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Dan PowersAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2000
Total Posts : 1343

Posted 10/24/2007 3:10 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I have 10,881 files on the C drive of my old computer.

This does not include backups, or files I've created on my new computer which has been my main Finale computer for a couple of months. Also not included are a few files on my laptop at the university, or files which I've deleted because there's no chance I'll need them again.

I don't even want to guess what the actual total may be!

Dan Powers
"It's easier to think outside the box if you know what's in the box." --Dave Grusin

Zuill
"The Troll"

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ZuillAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 29077

Posted 10/24/2007 5:36 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Number of files can mean different things as far as actual amount of content. It's like comparing the number of Symhonies Haydn wrote to the number Brahms wrote. I have many files that are short (demos I did for thre forum, simple lead sheets, etc.). As well, I have many posts logged on the forum, but few of them are of significant content to really be counted.

Zuill

"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

Finale 2002b, 2003a, 2004b, 2005b, Win 2000 or XP

Favorite Forum quote: "Please, everybody, IGNORE THE TROLL!"

avremig
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 1998

Posted 10/24/2007 11:00 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Further clarification of my problem.  It happens when I copy a region (with attached chords) either to another part of the file or to a different file.  Regular major chords are being turned into major seventh chords. Here's what's weird, though.  Even though I see, for example, an F chord, it plays back as a major seventh, and weirdly, when I check on chord menu/manual input/chord definition/numeric definition/select, it somehow shows a ma7 suffix. This despite it appears sans the ma7 suffix onscreen.

This never haapened in 2006.

Avremi Gourarie

Kami
MakeMusic QA

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to KamiAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2004
Total Posts : 1167

Posted 10/25/2007 11:49 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Avremi,

Would you mind posting a .mus file along with steps I can follow that would demonstrate this problem? This would help us to find and fix the problem.

Thanks!

Kami
MakeMusic QA

avremig
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 1998

Posted 10/25/2007 1:48 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Kami, I've submitted the file/notes to Scott H as a support ticket. He said h'ed forward it to you.

Thanks for your interest.

Avremi Gourarie