Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Multi-measure/ Cleff crash  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

andy r.
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to andy r.AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2005
Total Posts : 195

Posted 11/18/2007 12:19 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I have a multimeasure rest that crashes with a cautionary cleff. So I fixed it with the measure tool's edit multi-measure rest menu by changing the end point to -.225. But when I print it out as a pdf, it un-does my edit and prints the crash. Plus the crash shows up again in the mus file. I've tried it over and over again. I even saved, closed and re-opened the file.

Any help?

Andy

Finale 2007, Sonar 6 SE, Yamaha motif es8 DAW, Sweetwater Dual-Core Creation Station

tim
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to timAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2000
Total Posts : 692

Posted 11/18/2007 2:44 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
turn off auto update multimeasure rests in document options. it is nasty, evil and very dangerous. Dateline NBC needs to do an expose on all the trouble it has caused.

Tim

KennethKen
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit KennethKen's website.Send a Private Message to KennethKenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 1998
Total Posts : 2570

Posted 11/18/2007 9:48 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Another side effect of auto update multimeasure rests is that it'll secretly screw up any manual measure width adjustments you've done to the MMR.

Ken

http://www.AmisMusicalCircle.com
Brass music, Woodwind Music, Concert Band Music, CDs, etc.

tim
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to timAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2000
Total Posts : 692

Posted 11/18/2007 3:03 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Yes, it is a very naughty feature, does more damage than good. Useless with linked parts as you will not see it has screwed up your formatting on all of your parts. I have it turned off and have a quickey that I run before I edit each part that re does all the multimeasure rests, respaces the music and resets the staff styles to score.

Tim