Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Hyperscribe challenges  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Deborah K. Banks
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Deborah K. BanksAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2008
Total Posts : 3

Posted 12/1/2008 12:24 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
 I have Finale 2004b, E-MU 0404 and the Yamaha Motif 6. I have been working with Hyperscribe for years. I am having challenges with getting it to operate correctly.(this problem just happened about a month ago) When I click on the measure the metronome starts but that's all, notes are no longer being placed in the measures and I can't use speedy note either. I have done everything from checking my midi cables, changing my midi cables, turning the system off and then back on. I have checked my midi set up and still nothing. Someone suggested to uninstall my E-MU and re-install it. I would like someone or more than one persons thoughts on this. I really need to get this resolved because I'm unable to do anything. I can't make chord charts unless I type them in manually. I'm opened for suggestions. Thanks in advance.

D.B.

Wlgold
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to WlgoldAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2004
Total Posts : 1733

Posted 12/1/2008 1:44 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Reinstalling the driver is probably the first thing I would have done. As long as you're going to do it anyway, I would check with the manufacturer to see if an upgraded one is available.

Finale 2008a, XP Pro, 1GB, full GPO, JABB

Zuill
"The Troll"

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ZuillAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 29077

Posted 12/1/2008 2:51 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
What changes occurred in your system a month ago that may have caused the problem? I've never had to re-install drivers for any reason, and I've never had to re-install Finale for any problem. I know that is often the first advice, but when something suddenly stops working, out of the blue, it is generally not because of an out-of-date driver.

Zuill

"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

Finale 2002b, 2003a, 2004b, 2005b, Win 2000 or XP

Favorite Forum quote: "Please, everybody, IGNORE THE TROLL!"

Wlgold
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to WlgoldAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2004
Total Posts : 1733

Posted 12/1/2008 4:58 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Zuill said...
What changes occurred in your system a month ago that may have caused the problem? I've never had to re-install drivers for any reason, and I've never had to re-install Finale for any problem. I know that is often the first advice, but when something suddenly stops working, out of the blue, it is generally not because of an out-of-date driver.

Zuill

I don't believe I said the problem was caused by an out-of-date driver. I believe I said that if you were going to reinstall it anyway, you might as well use the most current one.

Finale 2008a, XP Pro, 1GB, full GPO, JABB

Fritz Meissner
Choir Addict

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Fritz MeissnerAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2004
Total Posts : 3238

Posted 12/1/2008 5:26 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
When something suddenly changes without you having done anything, the possibility exists that one of Microsoft's automatically downloaded updates has broken something. It seems bizarre that a security update would have anything to do with MIDI, but computers sometimes do strange things. I am assuming that you have automatic updates turned on - if you don't then the other possibility is that your computer has been infected by something.

So, two suggestions: first, run a full virus scan; second, go into Windows updates, look at your update history, see what updates were applied at the time things stopped working and uninstall them (if possible - not all updates can be uninstalled).

Fritz

PS This guy seems to have run into a similar problem at about the same time with an EMU 0404, but using Sonar not Finale, so it looks as though there may be something going around. He, unfortunately, doesn't report finding a solution.

PrintMusic 2004, 2006 and 2007, Windows XP Pro, Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS, P4 2.6 GHz + 1 GB
2nd Tenor Cape Town Male Voice Choir
Use the Finale Knowledgebase first ! :-)

Zuill
"The Troll"

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ZuillAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 29077

Posted 12/1/2008 6:43 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I didn't mean to imply re-installing the driver meant it was out of date. One can do a system check first before re-installing a driver, however, to make sure it is working. And if other programs are working OK with the same driver, then I would be more suspicious of a Finale setting. Sometimes re-creating the Finale configurations file solves certain problems as well.

Zuill

"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

Finale 2002b, 2003a, 2004b, 2005b, Win 2000 or XP

Favorite Forum quote: "Please, everybody, IGNORE THE TROLL!"

jzartman
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to jzartmanAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2009
Total Posts : 7

Posted 1/18/2009 11:39 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I'm having problems with Hyperscribe too. I was working... and just stopped working. And I'm running a Mac.
anyone know how to fix this. (this is Finale 2009 with all the updates)

Dr. Wiggy
Early music: modern methods

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Dr. WiggyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2006
Total Posts : 12628

Posted 1/19/2009 4:40 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
jzartman said...
I'm having problems with Hyperscribe too. I was working... and just stopped working. And I'm running a Mac.
anyone know how to fix this. (this is Finale 2009 with all the updates)

If you start a thread in the Mac forum, someone will help you. The chances are that your problems and those of the OP in this thread are unrelated.

Finale 2009b, 2Ghz iMac, OS X 10.5.6, M-Audio Audiophile USB
Ancient Groove Music
www.ancientgroove.co.uk