Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Finale 2010: How can I used Jazz Chord Triangle (Maj7) if the document's paltform is Broadway?  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

JeromeF
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to JeromeFAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Sep 2009
Total Posts : 10

Posted 9/10/2009 8:17 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi,
If I Use the Wizard to open new document,
There is no Jazz fornts, only Broadway or Maestro.
Anyway, let's say I choose Handwrite (Broadway).
In that case if I go to Document-->Select Default fonts --> Change the Chord font to JazzText.
Now if I try to put chord "G:0" the table is opened but I don't see any Triangle chord (Major 7).

If I open a new "Template document" (Not via Wizard), Choose "Lead Sheet Jazz Font"
Then If I choose chord "G:0" I can see the triange on chord number 90.
If you go to Document-->Select Default fonts --> chord font -->
you will se that it is "JazzText".

1) So if it's the same fonts why I can't see triangle in #90 if I used the Wizard-->Broadway platform?

2) Is there any way to add the Jazz types into the Wizards?
(Currently all are Maestro except Handwrite which is Broadway)

Thanks a lot
Jerome

johnmouse
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to johnmouseAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2003
Total Posts : 849

Posted 9/10/2009 9:27 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
What program and version are you using? What is G:0? You can type GMaj7 right into the score, and it is in the chord library.

John

Finale 2009c
Windows XP, SP2
P4 2.8 GHz
768 MB RAM

Mike Rosen
himself

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Mike Rosen's website.Send a Private Message to Mike RosenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2006
Total Posts : 14146

Posted 9/10/2009 10:22 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
John,
Using the :0 suffix automatically opens the chord window, if you don't know which slot a chord is in, or you can't figure out how to type a suffix that Finale will accept.

Jerome,
As John said, you can type Gmaj7 into your score, and it will show up. It's in slot 6. If you are looking for the triangle symbol, though, that is not there. You could start with the Jazz Lead sheet, and create your own template from there.

Mike Rosen
www.specialmillwork.com

WebMaster for the Seattle SeaChordsmen www.seachordsmen.org
NEW SITE www.specialmillwork.com/finaletips.htm

Print Music 2004, 2006, 2008, 2009
Simple Entry, QWERTY keyboard. That's my system, and I'm stickin' to it.

Favorite reference: Essential Dictionary of Music Notation, Gerou & Lusk, 1996

"As a musician, he's a damn fine woodworker."