Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Finale 2009 crashes when opened  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

meneeermalik
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to meneeermalikAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2009
Total Posts : 19

Posted 1/13/2010 11:41 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I'm running windows XP, on a 2.4 ghz intel cpu, 1 gig of ram, lots of hard drive space, etc.

Finale was working fine the last time I used it. It's been a couple of weeks since I last opened it. I tried to open it last night and it would crash every time I tried to. It opens to the intro window...looks like it's loading and it just freezes there. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it thinking that would solve it but it's still doing it. I havent really changed anything on the computer, no new software, no new hardware so I'm not sure why all of a sudden it would crash. Any ideas? I desperately need it to send my files to the publisher asap.

Wlgold
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to WlgoldAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2004
Total Posts : 1733

Posted 1/13/2010 12:09 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Sometimes Windows Update changes things. Why don't you try a system restore?

Finale 2010b, GPO 4, Windows 7, 64 bit
Intel Core 2 Quad, 8GB RAM

meneeermalik
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to meneeermalikAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2009

Posted 1/13/2010 1:44 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I updated my windows XP a few months ago and I have automatic updates off so I don't think it would be that.

Doug Blackmore
www.aviatorsmusic.com

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Doug Blackmore's website.Send a Private Message to Doug BlackmoreAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2006
Total Posts : 2724

Posted 1/13/2010 2:27 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Have you re-booted lately? Is there an INI file you can temporarily re-name before launching Finale? (midi.ini? - I forget the file name) The idea is to get Finale to launch are a better state. I'm not sure uninstalling Finale removes the MIDI settings you may have left around. Do you have lots of disk space, especially for the directory in which Finale puts its temporary files?

Doug Blackmore
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Finale 2006r3, Win 2K Pro

meneeermalik
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2009

Posted 1/13/2010 3:28 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Yeah I rebooted after uninstalling and reinstalling.

I did a search for every finale related file on the computer and deleted everything and deleted all the registry entries that related to makemusic/finale. reinstalled after that and it works fine now.

Doug Blackmore
www.aviatorsmusic.com

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Doug Blackmore's website.Send a Private Message to Doug BlackmoreAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2006
Total Posts : 2724

Posted 1/13/2010 3:36 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Beware of re-creating the problem as you begin to configure the system, especially in areas concerning playback.

Doug Blackmore
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Finale 2006r3, Win 2K Pro