Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Staff spacing (Finale 2006)  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Roel Niessen
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Roel NiessenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Sep 2010
Total Posts : 2

Posted 9/15/2010 11:05 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi,

I am using Finale 2006 and I just got the following problem. I'm writing music in different staffs, and sometimes in one staff, there are only rests on the whole page. Then I would like to hide this staff and space the other staffs evenly, but I don't know how to do that.

I managed to hide the specific measures (by selecting them, right clicking and choosing 12. Hide Staff). But then if I drag the other staffs in order to space them evenly, these staffs are dragged in the same way throughout the whole document, so that they overlap in places where I didn't hide the hidden measures.

Can anyone help me..?

Roel

Wlgold
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to WlgoldAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2004
Total Posts : 1733

Posted 9/15/2010 12:06 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Look up Optimization in the Help File; I don't remember where it is in F2006.

Finale 2010b, GPO 4, JABB 3, Windows 7, 64 bit
Intel Core 2 Quad, 8GB RAM

Roel Niessen
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Roel NiessenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Sep 2010
Total Posts : 2

Posted 9/15/2010 12:30 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Thank you very much; the optimization tool does the job!