Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Moving chord symbol and fretboard  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

dconner
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to dconnerAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2001
Total Posts : 14

Posted 1/3/2011 5:50 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
There has to be a way to change the positions of chord symbols and fretboards globally in Finale so they stay hooked together. When I have selected the "Chord Tool" and move the leftmost triangle in the box next to the staff system, all the fretboards will move globally, but chord symbols (A, G, Em7, ect) do not move at the same time. Clicking the 2nd triangle, unfortunately, yeilds the same result - fretboards move but symbols do not. In fact, the only way I have found to move both symbol and fretboards so they stay hooked together, is moving each chord symbol, individually, throughout the entire score. What a pain! Say it ain't so folks - where am I going wrong? 

Attached is my file in case you need to check my settings. Thanks for you help.

David Conner

File Attachment :
Climb Evry Mountain.mus   44KB (application/octet-stream)
This file has been downloaded 202 time(s).

Zuill
"The Troll"

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ZuillAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 29077

Posted 1/3/2011 8:16 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
You select which one moves in the Chord menu. Select Position Fretboards, and the left triangle moves the fretboards all globally. Then select Position Chords, and the left triangle moves the chords all globally.

Zuill

"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

Finale 2002b, 2003a, 2004b, 2005b, Win XP SP3

Favorite Forum quote: "Please, everybody, IGNORE THE TROLL!"

dconner
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to dconnerAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2001
Total Posts : 14

Posted 1/4/2011 6:14 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Thanks Troll. Is there a way to "globally" set the guitar chards to 4 frets in Finale 2011? This score was originally scanned into Finale, and for some reason the fretboards came into Finale with 5 frets. Is there a way do change this globally? 

David Conner

Zuill
"The Troll"

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ZuillAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 29077

Posted 1/4/2011 6:27 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I don't know a way to do it globally. Also, I'm not sure what the scanning did. If you can load the default chord library and replace it with the standard 4 fret one, that might be the way.

Zuill

"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

Finale 2002b, 2003a, 2004b, 2005b, Win XP SP3

Favorite Forum quote: "Please, everybody, IGNORE THE TROLL!"