Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Change 4/8 to 4/4  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Patoterito
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to PatoteritoAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2005
Total Posts : 11

Posted 1/4/2011 8:31 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I have an old style tango score that was written in 4/8, as old school dictated.
I want to change the time signature to 4/4, so the eights tranform in quarters, and so on, all figures must duplicate.
It's that possible without rewrite all score again from scratch?
Thank you, Finale gurus.

Jeanne R
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Jeanne RAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2007
Total Posts : 1251

Posted 1/4/2011 9:11 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
The full Finale product has a choice on the UTILITIES menu CHANGE > NOTE DURATIONS. Hit the Help button.

You probably want to de-select Rebar music. I honestly can't recall whether you're better off changing the time sig. or the durations first but if *both* do *not* rebar music, you should be okay.

Jeanne
Win XP Pro, Finale 2008a, GPO 3

Patoterito
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to PatoteritoAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2005
Total Posts : 11

Posted 1/4/2011 10:23 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Thnak you! With your quick answer, the job was done in 2 simple steps. First I changed durations (no rebar) and next I changed time signatura (no rebar too). All seems perfect!