Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Staff and guitar Tablature: transposition?  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

zopita
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to zopitaAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2011
Total Posts : 2

Posted 8/7/2011 5:58 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello, good morning. I'm newbie to Finale.

I have some old files (Finale 2.0) consisting of a stave and guitar tab (red box). I added another tab in Finale 2009 (copy and paste the notes of the staff) and is as seen in the green box.

The music playing is the TAB Finale 2009 (first line of the staff = first string of the guitar fret 0) but I need to sound as indicated in the tablature Finale 2.0, ie first line of the staff = fourth string guitar on the second fret.

Guitar Etude # 7 (at bottom of the page) is a model of what I need to do. It is made with Finale NotePad. Can Finale 2009 do this?

Thank you very much for your help (and thanks Google Translator smilewinkgrin )

Jürg Hochweber-
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Jürg Hochweber-'s website.Send a Private Message to Jürg Hochweber-AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2000
Total Posts : 126

Posted 8/7/2011 9:39 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

The green staff is one octave higher than the red staff. So transpose it down and it will sound like the red staff.

Or if you want to leave the numbers of the green staff, go to Staff Attributes and select 'Transposition'.

Jürg

Post Edited (Jürg Hochweber-) : 8/7/2011 8:44:02 AM (GMT-5)

zopita
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to zopitaAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2011
Total Posts : 2

Posted 8/12/2011 12:46 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
It works!

Thanks, Jürg :)