Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > How to Make Window Options Vertical, and Close Video's Page  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Eagle1
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Eagle1AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2005
Total Posts : 182

Posted 6/29/2012 10:14 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I  still  like  Print Music  2004,  tho'  it's  now  2012,  getting  too  elderly  to  adjust  to  changes  in  my  later  version.    Just  reinstalled  after some repairs,  and  the  4-6  Windows  options  tool bars  are  now  all  across  top  of  pg,  used  to  have  two  on  each  side, MUCH easier  to  use.  Is  it  possible  to  get  back  to  the  way  2004  has  always  been?  

There's  also  not  enough  Zoom  available  to  uncover  the  X  to  close  the  Video's  page,  which  is  also   new.  (And horizontal scross arrow keys  missing from  screen  worksheet  too.  Have  to  close  and  reopen  to  get  to  left margin!)    

I   think  I  helped  someone  discover  the  FontsPack  yesterday,  now  hope  someone  can  help  me.   Thanks  in  advance.     smilewinkgrin 

Windows XP, Soundblaster, PrintMusic2004
Section 1st Violin, Piano/Synth, Oboe, String Quartet, Church Organ, 
ARRANGING.  Member AFM Local 5, Detroit 

Zuill
"The Troll"

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ZuillAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 29077

Posted 6/29/2012 10:59 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I'm not sure about all the issues. Can't you just drag the palettes where you want them?

Zuill

"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

Finale 2002b, 2003a, 2004b, 2005b, Win XP SP3, 2011b Win 7 64bit, 2012a Bought and Paid For (Hopefully soon 2012b with some of the MAJOR BUGS fixed--well, now with 2012b and some of the bugs are fixed)
Favorite Forum quote: "Please, everybody, IGNORE THE TROLL!"

Mike Rosen
himself

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Mike Rosen's website.Send a Private Message to Mike RosenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2006
Total Posts : 14146

Posted 6/29/2012 11:23 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
You grab the toolbars by the little "tab" at the left end. As Zuill said, then you can drag them where you want them.

Mike Rosen
www.specialmillwork.com

WebMaster and bass for the Seattle SeaChordsmen www.seachordsmen.org
FINALE TIPS at www.specialmillwork.com/finaletips.htm

Finale 2010, 2011, 2012 on Mac 10.7
Simple Entry, QWERTY keyboard. That's my system, and I'm stickin' to it.

"As a musician, he's a damn fine woodworker."

Eagle1
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Eagle1AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2005
Total Posts : 182

Posted 6/29/2012 2:06 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Thanks,  both  of  you.   I  thought  of  trying  to  drag,  but  hadn't  noticed any  tabs  on  the  left  end.  

Maybe  will  be   able  to  Zoom  at  least  once  more,  to  get  the  X  back,  too,  for  the  video's  help  page.   Thanks  again.  

Windows XP, Soundblaster, PrintMusic2004
Section 1st Violin, Piano/Synth, Oboe, String Quartet, Church Organ, 
ARRANGING.  Member AFM Local 5, Detroit 

ttw
Registered Member

Click to send ttw email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ttwAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2005
Total Posts : 776

Posted 6/29/2012 11:22 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I have noticed a new toolbar problem lately. I do not believe that it is the fault of Finale, but it occurs in Finale so I'm asking here. When I have a file open with Finale 2012b and then I go to a web site, the tool bars have their icons moved to the (narrow) side and hard to read. I must exit Finale then re-start. I don't see this with version 2011. It seems to happen on the Vista computer (after some automatic updates.) I'm guessing an intereaction between the graphics drivers and IE and Finale.

I was curious if anyone else had seen such a thing. It's annoying in that I cannot just sign on the internet and look up something. I'll post more after some more testing.

Now I cannot get it to happen. That's why I think it's not Finale's fault other than being in the wrong place at the wrong time (my computer last night.)

The problem just cropped up after editing this post. I'll try to check more possibilities. I attached a screen shot and the offending file.

A bit more information. The problem arises when Finale is running and IE exits. The toolbar icons jump upwards about half their height.

Finale 2011b & Finale 2012b
GWI, GPO 4, JABB 3, Steinway Basic
Vista Home Premium Gateway LX6810-01

Windows 7 Professional HP Pavillion dv7 Notebook

Post Edited (ttw) : 6/29/2012 10:47:41 PM (GMT-5)

File Attachment :
contest05.mus   64KB (application/octet-stream)
This file has been downloaded 254 time(s).

Zuill
"The Troll"

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ZuillAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 29077

Posted 6/30/2012 12:06 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
There has been a long-standing problem with palettes and toolbars moving around for years. I don't know that the problem I have had (and others) is the problem you are having, but it might be. If I have Finale open and then open a file from the forum without closing Finale first, everything shifts around. I am using Finale 2012b and Windows 7. This even happens with XP. Definitely related to IE.

Zuill

"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

Finale 2002b, 2003a, 2004b, 2005b, Win XP SP3, 2011b Win 7 64bit, 2012a Bought and Paid For (Hopefully soon 2012b with some of the MAJOR BUGS fixed--well, now with 2012b and some of the bugs are fixed)
Favorite Forum quote: "Please, everybody, IGNORE THE TROLL!"

ttw
Registered Member

Click to send ttw email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ttwAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2005

Posted 6/30/2012 12:17 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I created a new file with Finale2011. Connected to here. Closed IE. Watched the icons jump. IE problem most likely.

I also got it to happen with Finale2012's help package. It may be Microsoft's fault, but I can get the problem by ordinary use of Finale. I'll check on Windows7 later before filing an incident report with MM.

I can restore the toolbar appearance within Finale. I drag the toolbar to make it vertical. Then I drag it back.

Post Edited (ttw) : 6/29/2012 11:26:33 PM (GMT-5)

Charles Lawrence
Registered Member

Click to send Charles Lawrence email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Charles LawrenceAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2009
Total Posts : 3638

Posted 7/1/2012 9:45 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Zuill said...
If I have Finale open and then open a file from the forum without closing Finale first, everything shifts around.
Zuill et al.,
I have never had this problem or any other "palettes and/or toolbars shifting around" problem on any version of Finale or Windows that I have had.  I do just what you said all the time, i.e. open files from the forum and never close Finale or IE/Firefox, and I've never had my palettes or toolbars move from their designated spots.

PS.  I just did what ttw said, i.e. opened a file in Finale, came to this forum website, closed the browser (IE9) and all open tabs, and Finale's toolbars and open palettes stayed put where they always are.

Strange that it misbehaves for you!

Dell XPS 600, GenuineIntel Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.00GHz [Intel64 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 4] (2 processors)
8GB Ram
HT Omega Striker 7.1
MSI N430GT 2GB GPU
1TB x 4 internal HD's

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Edition, (06.01.7600.00)
Finale 2012b.r1

Post Edited (Charles Lawrence) : 7/1/2012 8:51:28 AM (GMT-5)

ttw
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2005

Posted 7/1/2012 6:46 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
This seems only to be a problem on the Vista machine. Perhaps the Samsung 23" monitor is the problem. I'm guessing it's system specific. I did upgrade drivers last night, but that didn't help.