Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > smart shape custom lines don't copy  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
36 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :
 1  2 
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

mm
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to mmAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 1999
Total Posts : 715

Posted 6/30/2012 11:48 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Depending on the filter settings I can copy everything just fine except now all of a sudden smart shape custom lines (only) don't seem to copy. I can clear them as a selected item, but not copy. Anyone come across this? Never had this problem before (something changed in 2012b?) .

Finale 3.7 - 2012b, GPO4, Cubase, ProTools, Fujitsu-Siemens AMILO Xi3650 laptop, 18.4'' display, 4GB RAM, Vista HP (32-bit), M-Audio Keystation 49 + Mini 32, Korg NANOkey

Zuill
"The Troll"

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ZuillAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 29077

Posted 6/30/2012 11:55 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I can confirm this. This is a major problem. I wonder if MM is aware of this.

Zuill

"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

Finale 2002b, 2003a, 2004b, 2005b, Win XP SP3, 2011b Win 7 64bit, 2012a Bought and Paid For (Hopefully soon 2012b with some of the MAJOR BUGS fixed--well, now with 2012b and some of the bugs are fixed)
Favorite Forum quote: "Please, everybody, IGNORE THE TROLL!"

mm
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to mmAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 1999

Posted 6/30/2012 12:01 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
hmmm...... not good! (I use this a lot!)
things that work shouldn't get broken ...

Finale 3.7 - 2012b, GPO4, Cubase, ProTools, Fujitsu-Siemens AMILO Xi3650 laptop, 18.4'' display, 4GB RAM, Vista HP (32-bit), M-Audio Keystation 49 + Mini 32, Korg NANOkey

Mike Rosen
himself

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Mike Rosen's website.Send a Private Message to Mike RosenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2006
Total Posts : 14146

Posted 6/30/2012 12:39 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
mm said...
things that work shouldn't get broken ...

Now there's a sign that should hang over every developer's desk!

Mike Rosen
www.specialmillwork.com

WebMaster and bass for the Seattle SeaChordsmen www.seachordsmen.org
FINALE TIPS at www.specialmillwork.com/finaletips.htm

Finale 2010, 2011, 2012 on Mac 10.7
Simple Entry, QWERTY keyboard. That's my system, and I'm stickin' to it.

"As a musician, he's a damn fine woodworker."

Zuill
"The Troll"

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ZuillAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003

Posted 6/30/2012 2:27 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
This is only the tip of the iceberg. Try connecting 2 notes with a gliss. I click-pasted to another measure. The first was fine, the second (and then on) was a straight line).????????

Zuill

P.S.: Even if you manually change the gliss. shape (ctrl-click the icon) it still copies straight line.

Finale 2002b, 2003a, 2004b, 2005b, Win XP SP3, 2011b Win 7 64bit, 2012a Bought and Paid For (Hopefully soon 2012b with some of the MAJOR BUGS fixed--well, now with 2012b and some of the bugs are fixed)

Post Edited (Zuill) : 6/30/2012 1:33:11 PM (GMT-5)

Zuill
"The Troll"

Date Joined Oct 2003

Posted 6/30/2012 2:41 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I tried paste multiple on the Gliss copy, and only the first gliss is correct. The rest are lines. I'll try with other Not-So-Smart Shapes.

Zuill

P.S.: The Tab Slide shape also has the Gliss buginess. Change it to a Gliss and then copy. The second copy and on is a line.

P.P.S.: Try copying the first measure and see if you get what I get.

Post Edited (Zuill) : 6/30/2012 2:15:02 PM (GMT-5)

File Attachment :
Smart Shape Bug Test.mus   41KB (application/octet-stream)
This file has been downloaded 305 time(s).

Zuill
"The Troll"

Date Joined Oct 2003

Posted 6/30/2012 3:23 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
There seems to be a limit of one copy per document. After the first copy in a document, it defaulted to the line for the rest. If I open a new file, it allows 1 gliss copy, then the line. Each new document allows just the one.

Zuill

Zuill
"The Troll"

Date Joined Oct 2003

Posted 6/30/2012 4:12 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
It would be good for someone without the b upgrade to see if this behaved properly in 2012a. Also, checking with other platforms (XP, Vista, Mac) would be a good thing to do.

Zuill

mm
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 1999

Posted 6/30/2012 5:33 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
it definitely worked in 2012a, I was using this all the time, never a problem

Zuill
"The Troll"

Date Joined Oct 2003

Posted 7/1/2012 2:10 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I sent in a report to MakeMusic. I hope they can fix the b update file so we can re-apply it with the fix. This is a MAJOR bug.

Zuill

mm
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 1999

Posted 7/1/2012 6:14 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I agree, also sent in an official report for back-up.
This is really a major problem, seriously impeding workflow if one can no longer copy items as selected in the filter,
in particular smart shapes. The whole copying feature seems to be unpredictable now,
and we should not have to wait for the next update/-grade,
there should be devised some sort of hot-fix!

Eagle1
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Eagle1AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2005
Total Posts : 182

Posted 7/1/2012 6:26 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Glad you sent in a  report, MM.   PrintMusic  has  changed  too,  can't  get  the  toolbars  to  stand  on  each  side  of  the  screen  as  they  used  to, vertical.   I  managed to drag  one  to  the  bottom,  rest  are  piled on top.  Probably  all  the  programs  have  been  changed,  but  why?  I'm  an  older person,  still  like  my  2004  better  than  newer  versions, don't like change.
BTW, Everyone,  I'm  now  retired  from  the  Union, just  not  taking  time  to  edit  Profile  Statement right now.  Have a good  weekend. 

Windows XP, Soundblaster, PrintMusic2004
Section 1st Violin, Piano/Synth, Oboe, String Quartet, Church Organ, 
ARRANGING.  Member AFM Local 5, Detroit 

Mike Rosen
himself

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Mike Rosen's website.Send a Private Message to Mike RosenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2006

Posted 7/1/2012 6:42 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Eagle1,
Which version of PM are you having trouble with?

Mike Rosen
www.specialmillwork.com

Vaughan
Registered Member

Click to send Vaughan email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to VaughanAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 1999
Total Posts : 4984

Posted 7/2/2012 8:21 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I can't reproduce this problem on Mac. Can any other Mac users or is a Windows thing?

Vaughan

Finale 3.2 - 2012a, Sibelius 4 - 7
Tobias Giesen's plugins, full version, Robert Patterson plugins, Dolet 5 plugin
MacOS 10.7.2
MacPro 6GB, MacBookPro (2011) 8GB
Kontakt 4.2

Amsterdam

Zuill
"The Troll"

Date Joined Oct 2003

Posted 7/2/2012 8:51 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Do custom lines copy on Mac?

Zuill

Vaughan
Registered Member

Click to send Vaughan email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to VaughanAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 1999
Total Posts : 4984

Posted 7/2/2012 10:05 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Sorry, it took a few extra steps and I can now confirm the bug on Mac, as well. Pretty serious!

Vaughan

Finale 3.2 - 2012a, Sibelius 4 - 7
Tobias Giesen's plugins, full version, Robert Patterson plugins, Dolet 5 plugin
MacOS 10.7.2
MacPro 6GB, MacBookPro (2011) 8GB
Kontakt 4.2

Amsterdam

Zuill
"The Troll"

Date Joined Oct 2003

Posted 7/2/2012 10:16 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
My hope is that they can fix it and post a fixed 2012b release file. If not, they will have a lot of angry and frustrated users.

Zuill

Gareth Green
Player of fine trumpets

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Gareth GreenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2001
Total Posts : 2943

Posted 7/2/2012 11:05 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Is anyone aware of MM having acknowledged this, at all? I was in mid-project last week, and didn't want to switch over until I'd cleared the existing work, but now with this bug, taken together with Michel's concerns about other Windows setting being messed up, 2012b is looking like a non-starter for me ...

Gareth J. Green

Fin2012a, running under Vista 64-bit
(Core2Duo [email protected]; 8Gb RAM; SB X-Fi Extreme Audio, ATI Radeon HD 4650.)

Stolichnaya Blue

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr (1885 - 1962)

Michel R. E.
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Michel R. E.AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2003
Total Posts : 7430

Posted 7/2/2012 11:13 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I was able to regain more or less my peripheral settings.. but it doesn't quite feel the same.
so that is a HUGE annoyance with this update.
and honestly, I don't really see anything major in the B update. nothing that really affects me. to me, 2012b is far from being a "major update". it's just like any previous "b" version with expected bug fixes (and fewer than we should get, in my opinion) and a few minor mostly-cosmetic changes.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." ~John Rogers

Zuill
"The Troll"

Date Joined Oct 2003

Posted 7/2/2012 12:49 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
There have been some fixes in 2012b that are good. However, this is a MAJOR step backwards.

Zuill

JustinP
Senior Product Manager

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to JustinPAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2009
Total Posts : 822

Posted 7/2/2012 1:35 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
We can confirm this issue as well. We'll be addressing this soon.

Justin Phillips
Portfolio Manager-Notation Products
MakeMusic, Inc.

Need to contact Finale Technical Support? Click here to create a support case.

Zuill
"The Troll"

Date Joined Oct 2003

Posted 7/2/2012 1:37 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Thank you. We were all figuring this would be fixed soon, as it is a vital feature.

Zuill

Zuill
"The Troll"

Date Joined Oct 2003

Posted 7/2/2012 8:47 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Just to further report strange behavior (I know MM says this will be fixed soon):

I applied the gliss, then copied it, and as it has been doing it, after one good copy, what appears is now a line. I then went into the Custom Line Tool (ctrl-click the ?), and created a line based on a character, and lo and behold, this new line replaced the straight lines. Now, that is really BUGGY behavior. It almost seems that 2012b is a beta version.

Zuill

Zuill
"The Troll"

Date Joined Oct 2003

Posted 7/3/2012 3:50 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Something else to try: open the default file and then open a document without libraries. Now enter a Custom Line in the Default Document at measure one (it is measure attached, so notes needed). Now tile the windows horizontally and drag the measure from the first document to then second. The shape copies--but only once.

But there's more. The only problem is that the behavior is so erratic I can't describe the steps. And when it does manifest itself suddenly, it might be that all of a sudden, where I had tried to copy a custom line before, they will all appear at once, as if Finale knew they were there, but no shapes or handles were appearing on the screen, and then suddenly appear.

This is just a small part of what I have been experimenting with, but it is too unpredictable to share. I hope that if anyone else can report specific behavior, MM can fix it.

I almost feel like I am back Beta testing.

Zuill

Mike Rosen
himself

Date Joined Feb 2006

Posted 7/3/2012 4:21 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Maybe while they're looking for that, they'll find what causes the "stuck key" mode, as well.

Mike Rosen
www.specialmillwork.com