Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > rgz:audio sfz player  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

mm
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to mmAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 1999
Total Posts : 715

Posted 12/8/2012 1:40 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
is anyone familiar with this?

Play Finale through VST is selected
I want to load some sf2 sounds that I have
the player shows up as sfz in the devices at the instrument list (score manager) and I choose it
then I go to edit player and the sfz player opens just fine
I load the sf2 file and then choose an instrument I want to use (which I can hear correctly in the player)
but when I start playback, the szf player ALWAYS reverts to Program 1 (piano) instead of playing the instrument I've selected

any suggestions as to where the problem might be?
or, is there another player that works better/simpler?

Finale 3.7 - 2012c, GPO4, Cubase, ProTools, Fujitsu-Siemens AMILO Xi3650 laptop, 18.4'' display, 4GB RAM, Vista HP (32-bit), M-Audio Keystation 49 + Mini 32, Korg NANOkey

jms3music
Too Many Ideas in my Head

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit jms3music's website.Send a Private Message to jms3musicAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2009
Total Posts : 405

Posted 12/11/2012 12:33 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I am not at all familiar with the original sfz VST, but I can point you toward a YouTube video I made on the "sequel" plug-in sfz+ at www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xx9l_daE0bw - hopefully that will get you pointed in the right direction with using Soundfonts in a VST host.

Music hobbyist working with:
* PowerSpec B307 Pentium Dual-core 2.70GHz Windows 7 Professional
* Finale PrintMusic 2010a & 2011a
* Garritan Personal Orchestra 4 & World Instruments
* Numerous VSTs and Soundfonts
* Vocaloid Miriam v1.1.1.0
* Reaper v4.x

My music is on the Web at www.jms3music.com, soundcloud.com/jms3music, and now Bandcamp (jms3music.bandcamp.com/)
Owner of the PrintMusic Users Group on SoundCloud (soundcloud.com/groups/printmusic-users-group)
Follow me at www.twitter.com/jms3music and www.youtube.com/user/jms3music

mm
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to mmAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 1999
Total Posts : 715

Posted 12/11/2012 10:58 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Thanks, looks quite useful, although I haven't yet downloaded the sfz+ player. Found a quick work-around by changing the Current Sound Font in the SoftSynth settings to the one I wanted to use.

Finale 3.7 - 2012c, GPO4, Cubase, ProTools, Fujitsu-Siemens AMILO Xi3650 laptop, 18.4'' display, 4GB RAM, Vista HP (32-bit), M-Audio Keystation 49 + Mini 32, Korg NANOkey