Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Chapter 4  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Chalky
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ChalkyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2000
Total Posts : 185

Posted 6/9/2002 12:38 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Coda History. Chapter 4
After the disastrous 2003 release, the management team panicked, realizing that the parent company might at any moment remember that it had purchased Coda Music Tech-no-logic. (The niece of the parent company’s founder was married to a billiards player, and because of an unfortunate interpretation of the canonic facilities function, the girl had persuaded her uncle the program might be a good investment). Absentmindedly he bought Coda and then, fortunately, forgot about it.
The only ray of sunshine in a gloomy situation was that the rival program’s developers, having tested Fk3, were now in a sanatorium for 6 months recovering from hysterical risibility.
So, what features would re-conquer disappointed customers : three-dimensional layers, erotic rests, a random cacophony option ? Help came from an unexpected direction. An independent developer named Tobias Sunasican, while working on a Time Signature Plug-in, accidentally invented a Time Travel Plug-out, which allowed Undo past file creation. The beta testers went back so far that they received an e-mail from a certain Schubert who was trying to finish a symphony in B minor. The message was almost incomprehensible, but the Glitz team quickly developed a parchment and quill pen skin which enabled it to be read. Unfortunately it just turned out to be a complaint about known program bugs……
The function seemed useless and was therefore about to be incorporated into the next release when a Japanese employee at Coda Tech (who had hitherto been criticized for his distressing habit of communicating with customers) had a brilliant idea. « Since it takes three updates before sensible customer suggestions are implemented, the Plug-out will let us issue the 2007 release before the 2k4, 2k5 and 2k6 updates » he said. The name of this genius was First Dan.
And so Finale 2007 was issued three years in advance with a free Coda toothbrush. And had it not contained the Playback Collisions bug and the Sideways File Compatibility problem, it would have conquered the market.
It was rather a pity that the Tuba Rest Symphony prosecution halted this market penetration. (See Chapter 13b :-)

GT
It was some other guy.

Click to send GT email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to GTAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2001
Total Posts : 1434

Posted 6/9/2002 2:05 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
All of this was referred to the Campaign for Real Time as cited in The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Let's hope that the future owners of Finale don't turn out to be the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation, or we're all screwed.

Benjamin Tubb
Registered Member

Click to send Benjamin Tubb email.Click to visit Benjamin Tubb's website.Send a Private Message to Benjamin TubbAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2000
Total Posts : 903

Posted 6/9/2002 9:18 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Well in the spirit of bug fixing speculation status for all upgraders, I'll continue my monthly reporting of all Win XP Pro "Windows Error Reports" I receive about "finale.exe". May they some day get fixed ONCE and for ALL.

Lately I had two warm reboots with F2K3, and after rebooting though "claiming" to report the serious error to Windows Online Crash Analysis' site, a look at the Error Log (with the System Information accessory system utility), didn't "report" them! Is this a Codatech conspiracy for bug fixes ?

Jari Williamsson
Registered Member

Click to send Jari Williamsson email.Click to visit Jari Williamsson's website.Send a Private Message to Jari WilliamssonAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 1998
Total Posts : 3246

Posted 6/9/2002 10:52 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
On 6/10/2002 1:18:00 AM, Benjamin Tubb wrote:
>Well in the spirit of bug
>fixing speculation status for
>all upgraders, I'll continue
>my monthly reporting of all
>Win XP Pro "Windows Error
>Reports" I receive about
>"finale.exe". May they some
>day get fixed ONCE and for
>ALL.
>
>Lately I had two warm reboots
>with F2K3,

This is clearly a driver problem. (Probably something like Finale is using a driver API that your driver doesn't fully support in some way.)
Does it happen during input or playback or screen redraws?

Best regards,

Jari Williamsson