Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Items to (not) display wishlist...  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Joseph.
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Joseph.AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2011
Total Posts : 212

Posted 12/29/2014 2:25 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
One of the things that bugs me about having a guitar part and a corresponding TAB staff is that when copy/pasting around and eventually to the TAB staff to get the notes in, it copies articulations, dynamics, expressions, etc. Things that I must go in an manually delete (I consider it redundant obviously). It would be nice to just never have those items "displayed." Any good workarounds?

Grid Hotkey Interface for Finale - free, open source, and mostly... a work in progress.
forum.makemusic.com/?f=11&m=443005

Ron.
Composer

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Ron.'s website.Send a Private Message to Ron.AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 8828

Posted 12/29/2014 2:30 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Why don't you use the Edit Filter to select (or unselect) the items you want to copy? It already exists. Here's a picture:

Finale 2014c with Garritan Personal Orchestra 4.0.
JABB 3 and Concert & Marching Band 2.
Steinway: basic. Garritan's Instant Orchestra.
Garritan World Instruments. TGTools Pro
Windows 7 Home Edition, AMD FX-8100 8-Core Processor, 10 GB RAM
onboard Beats Audio sound card

violin and flamenco guitar, composer

Administrator, The Compose Forums
Specializing in contemporary art music

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
edit filter.png
  328KB (image/png)
This image has been viewed 122 time(s).

Joseph.
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Joseph.AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2011

Posted 12/29/2014 2:33 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I know. I have macros that use it to copy/paste only dynamics and such. I may end up just writing another macro. But I was hoping there was an easier way out.

Grid Hotkey Interface for Finale - free, open source, and mostly... a work in progress.

Derrek
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to DerrekAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2009
Total Posts : 2347

Posted 12/29/2014 2:34 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
The easier way out is often to use the program the way it was intended.

Finale 2014c - Windows 7
GPO 4, JABB 3, World Instruments
TG Tools Full, (Sonar X3 Producer)

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read.” — Groucho Marx

Joseph.
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2011

Posted 12/29/2014 3:14 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Derrek said...
The easier way out is often to use the program the way it was intended.

With Finale...?!

Ha, you had me going there for a second.

Motet
Isorhythmic

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to MotetAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2002
Total Posts : 12849

Posted 12/29/2014 4:00 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I don't think turning off the display of misplaced items is a solution to misplacing them in the first place. A macro to set up the Edit Filter is easily done in Finalescript in a few minutes (easier than AutoHotkey), something like

Menu item "Edit Filter"
Press "None"
Check "Notes and Rests"
Press "OK"

You can assign the script to a hotkey.

Finale 2011b, 2005, TGTools
Windows 7, MIDI input

Post Edited (Motet) : 12/29/2014 3:11:05 PM (GMT-6)

Joseph.
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2011

Posted 12/29/2014 4:27 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Motet said...
I don't think turning off the display of misplaced items is a solution to misplacing them in the first place. A macro to set up the Edit Filter is easily done in Finalescript in a few minutes (easier than AutoHotkey), something like

Menu item "Edit Filter"
Press "None"
Check "Notes and Rests"
Press "OK"

You can assign the script to a hotkey.

They're not really misplaced, though. Guitars crescendo and decrescendo and all sorts of things that require putting these markings in the part and the most effective way I know (maybe I'm missing something huge here...) of laying down some tabs is to 1. select some guitar part, 2. hold down control, and 3. clicking on the Tablature.

The best way is probably to just ignore all the ugliness until the end, hop to the tablature and delete them in one big sweep.

Post Edited (jsphweid) : 12/29/2014 3:36:44 PM (GMT-6)

Motet
Isorhythmic

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to MotetAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2002
Total Posts : 12849

Posted 12/29/2014 5:03 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
The best way is to use the filter.

Finale 2011b, 2005, TGTools
Windows 7, MIDI input

sbenson
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to sbensonAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 1999
Total Posts : 140

Posted 12/29/2014 6:04 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Uncheck everything except Notes and Rests.

Finale 2k14d
Windows 8.1
User since 3.0

Zuill
"The Troll"

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ZuillAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 29077

Posted 12/29/2014 6:19 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
If you've already copied, and don't want to delete everything, you can do it with either Staff Attributes or a Staff Style. That might save some time.

Zuill

"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

Finale 2002b, 2003a, 2004b, 2005b, Win XP SP3, 2011b Win 7 64bit, 2012a Bought and Paid For (Hopefully soon 2012b with some of the MAJOR BUGS fixed--well, now with 2012b and some of the bugs are fixed) 2012c, with some bug fixes. 2014c at present.
Favorite Forum quote: "Please, everybody, IGNORE THE TROLL!"

Post Edited (Zuill) : 12/30/2014 9:06:39 AM (GMT-6)