Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > rebeam????  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

mrblue
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to mrblueAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2008
Total Posts : 34

Posted 1/14/2016 6:19 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
hi there
there is something i can't do it's rebeam this measure

so that the tuplets might be logical
i mean the 16th rest on the key of f (the one below) and the 2 others notes c and e i want them to be part of the first tuplet and detached so that i can see the 16th rest and the c and e then the stems are broken and then the g begins another 16th note
and when i tried through the way of going with utilities rebeam rebeam to time signature it gave me that
the initial measure is 4/4

somebody can help?

Post Edited (mrblue) : 1/14/2016 4:23:39 AM (GMT-6)

Peter Thomsen
Registered Member

Click to send Peter Thomsen email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Peter ThomsenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2000
Total Posts : 8331

Posted 1/14/2016 8:34 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I am not sure I understand.

Do you mean something like this:

???

Peter

Mac Finale, 2012c, 2014d & 2014.5, Dolet 6.6 plug-in, Mac OS X 10.9.5, iMac Intel Core i7, 2.93 GHz, 16 GB RAM

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
Tuplets.gif
  4KB (image/gif)
This image has been viewed 206 time(s).

Charles Lawrence
Registered Member

Click to send Charles Lawrence email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Charles LawrenceAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2009
Total Posts : 3638

Posted 1/14/2016 1:45 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I took it to mean that he wants the beam to break at the end of the 1st triplet and not carry over to the 2nd triplet.  If using Simple, just CTRL click on the first 16th of the 2nd triplet and press /.  That will break the beams.  If using Speedy, just position the cursor on the first 16th of the 2nd triplet and again just press /.

"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!"

Windows 10 Professional (x64) (build 10586)

3.50 gigahertz Intel Core i7-5930K, Multi-core (6 total), Hyper-threaded (12 total)
32638 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory, 17514.37 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 - 4GB [Display adapter]
ASUS Rampage V Extreme motherboard, Realtek HD Audio

Finale 2014.5.6359
Garritan GPO4.02

Cakewalk SONAR X3 - (X3e build 244) - x64, Sound Forge Audio Studio 10.0, Audacity 2.1.0
Sharpeye 2.68, PhotoScore Ultimate 7.0.2, SmartScore X2 Pro 10.5.8

"There is a world of difference between a person who has a big problem and a person who makes a problem big." – John Maxwell

mrblue
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to mrblueAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2008

Posted 1/15/2016 5:11 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
thanks for the reply both of you
but for peter it might be the good solution although it's not ideal because like charles says i want the beam to be broken at the end of the first tuplet and so on
but it's good though
and charles i could never do your trick ; the symbol / on my keyboard can't be accessed unless you press the shift touch and even if i do that it does nothing
and speedy i guess it's the plugins but i can't see where it is
sorry for my ignorance

mrblue
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2008

Posted 1/15/2016 6:26 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
i finally found a solution thanks to you and them : www.finalemusic.com/blog/finale-blog-cross-staff-shortcut/
i pressed alt and shift and then the up or down arrow to cross the staves and i finally made the same solution than peter
thanks though

Charles Lawrence
Registered Member

Click to send Charles Lawrence email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Charles LawrenceAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2009
Total Posts : 3638

Posted 1/15/2016 12:18 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

mrblue,

The / is just a keyboard shortcut for the command to break/join a beam.  If you cannot access the / on your keyboard, which I cannot imagine a keyboard without it, just use the menu dropdown for the command.  In Simple it is "Simple->Simple Edit Commands->Modify Entry->Break/Join Beam".  If using Speedy, there is a similar command in the menu dropdowns.  You can also use ALT s e m, if using Simple, or ALT p s k, if using Speedy.

Speedy and Simple are fundamental entry methods.  If you don't know what I mean, you do need to go thru the tutorials to get a basic understanding of how Finale works.

"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!"

Windows 10 Professional (x64) (build 10586)

3.50 gigahertz Intel Core i7-5930K, Multi-core (6 total), Hyper-threaded (12 total)
32638 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory, 17514.37 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 - 4GB [Display adapter]
ASUS Rampage V Extreme motherboard, Realtek HD Audio

Finale 2014.5.6359
Garritan GPO4.02

Cakewalk SONAR X3 - (X3e build 244) - x64, Sound Forge Audio Studio 10.0, Audacity 2.1.0
Sharpeye 2.68, PhotoScore Ultimate 7.0.2, SmartScore X2 Pro 10.5.8

"There is a world of difference between a person who has a big problem and a person who makes a problem big." – John Maxwell