Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Use different display for note range  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

irish28
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to irish28AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2004
Total Posts : 77

Posted 1/21/2016 12:56 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi,

Don't know if I'm clear with the title, maybe my english is not so good !

I'm arranging music for a concert band, and I want some players to clap hands at the beginning.
To have the clapping sound, in score manager I chose in flute layer 2 for example a percussion sound.
Then, I entered some clap notes in the flute part with layer 2.
I can hear the sound, that's ok !

Now, I'd like the notes to be in the staff, around B5 or C5 (with a cross as note head) and still hear the sound.

Is it possible ?

I'm using Finale 2014.5

I attach an example of what I get for the moment.

Finale 1997 to 2014d with Garritan Personal Orchestra 4.0 and Concert & Marching Band
East West quantum Leap Complete Composer Collection
Win 7/Pro, Intel Processor, 4 GB RAM

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
note-range.png
  736KB (image/png)
This image has been viewed 198 time(s).

Derrek
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to DerrekAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2009
Total Posts : 2347

Posted 1/21/2016 1:00 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
If the clapping only lasts for the first four measures, your best solution might be to create a second staff as a percussion staff, set the map & layout to put the clap where you wish, change the staff name to flute, and then hide the real flute line for those measures and hide the clapping measures for the rest of the score.

For the Flute part, create the flute part to contain both staves and (again) hide the empty staves where appropriate.

Finale 2014d - Windows 7
GPO 4, JABB 3, World Instruments
TG Tools Full, (Sonar Platinum)

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read.” — Groucho Marx

Zuill
"The Troll"

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ZuillAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 29077

Posted 1/21/2016 1:09 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
If you already get everything but the look in what your picture shows, the easiest solution is to go to the percussion Layout and change the position and notehead of the clap sound. Maybe you can post the file and we can do the change for you to show how it can be done.

Zuill

"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

Win 7 64bit, 2011b, 2012c, 2014d, 2014.5 

Favorite Forum quote: "Please, everybody, IGNORE THE TROLL!"

irish28
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to irish28AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2004

Posted 1/21/2016 1:16 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Thanks for your help
I can't find where to change the position and notehead of the percussion layout maybe because it is a flute layer 2 ...

Finale 1997 to 2014d with Garritan Personal Orchestra 4.0 and Concert & Marching Band

Zuill
"The Troll"

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ZuillAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003

Posted 1/21/2016 3:44 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
It could be you are not using a percussion layout at all. Without seeing your file, we're only guessing. If the note we see in the picture is getting the correct playback, and no percussion layout is used, then you can hide that layer and use another layer (with playback muted) for seeing the notes you want. Position the non-playback layer where you want it and change the noteheads to x's.

Zuill

Zuill
"The Troll"

Date Joined Oct 2003

Posted 1/21/2016 4:52 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Here's one way.

Zuill

File Attachment :
Flute with Hand Claps.musx   87KB (application/octet-stream)
This file has been downloaded 174 time(s).

irish28
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2004

Posted 1/21/2016 5:53 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Thanks ! I managed to do what I wanted