Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Music out of sync with audio file  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

paulbrainard
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to paulbrainardAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2001
Total Posts : 305

Posted 6/12/2016 7:54 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Lately (I think since upgrading to 2014.5) I have been having a problem when I export to an audio file, the written music played by VST is out of sync with the loaded audio track - although it plays in sync during normal playback in the program. Anyone else run into this?

I have seen lots of times when it was out of sync on playback but usually closing & reopening Finale or just starting playback from a different measure would clear that up - and generally it would be in sync in an exported audio file anyway. But not lately.

This is on my Windows 7 PC.

Finale 2011c (mac) & 2014.5 (windows)

Zuill
"The Troll"

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ZuillAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 29077

Posted 6/12/2016 8:11 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
2014.5 introduced the ability to use different sample rates, but I have found that it is safer to use 41000. So, make sure your system is using 41000 and so is Finale. Chances are the file uses that.

Zuill

"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

Win 7 64bit, 2011b, 2012c, 2014d, 2014.5 

Favorite Forum quote: "Please, everybody, IGNORE THE TROLL!"

paulbrainard
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to paulbrainardAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2001
Total Posts : 305

Posted 6/12/2016 8:36 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Yeah I've been waaaay down that rabbit hole. . . Everything is 44.1K (I think that's what you mean?) But the problem is that while playback is fine in Finale, when I export the same score to an audio file and play it back, things are slightly out of sync - not at a different speed, just shifted off a little bit. Something is going wrong when rendering it to a file rather than directly to the sound card. Have not had this problem in the past.

Finale 2011c (mac) & 2014.5 (windows)

Zuill
"The Troll"

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ZuillAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 29077

Posted 6/12/2016 8:52 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I've never been able to get Finale in sync exactly with an audio file, within Finale or on export, so I can't offer any advice to that. I use imported audio files for takedowns only. The technology within Finale is not that great for syncing with precision, in my opinion.

Zuill

"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

Win 7 64bit, 2011b, 2012c, 2014d, 2014.5 

Favorite Forum quote: "Please, everybody, IGNORE THE TROLL!"

Daz
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to DazAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2006
Total Posts : 1723

Posted 6/12/2016 11:17 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
My suggestion is to use a DAW for the finale mix
ie export he music to MIDI, then use a DAW to combine everything together.
If you've no access to a DAW, Cockos Reaper is free (or cheap for commercial use) and can handle that sort of thing easily.

Cheers...

Daz. :o)

------------------------
Finale 2006-2011 - Win7 64 bit