Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Garritan World Instruments  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Oldest Post First ]

ttw
Registered Member

Click to send ttw email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ttwAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2005
Total Posts : 776

Posted 7/6/2016 8:54 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I've uploaded an offending file. I'm making a master library of Latin American Drums (and various other stuff) so I tried all the Conga Drum stuff. The notation is the same as the default in the GWI and Finale Score Manager suggestions except that the bass notations are dropped a half step. I think the tumba and tumba dead symbols are mapped reversed. It's not a practical problem as I can reverse notation or change the mapping.
I would like opinions from other ears before reporting the problem.

I did make the file with Finale 2014.5 and GWI but I exported as Finale 2012 to allow uploads.

Finale 2014.5
GWI, GPO4, GPO5, JABB 3, Steinway Basic, COMB2

Windows 10 Pro HP Envy Desktop
Windows 10 Home HP Portable

File Attachment :
tumba.mus   45KB (application/octet-stream)
This file has been downloaded 223 time(s).

ttw
Registered Member

Click to send ttw email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ttwAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2005

Posted 7/4/2016 1:54 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
A bit more complicated that I thought. Things work correctly on one of the two computers. I'll have to compare libraries. Probably a false alarm.

Finale 2014.5

ttw
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2005

Posted 7/4/2016 10:11 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I don't know if this is an error in GWI or just the way I hear things. In the conga drums (Latin American Percussion I), the tumba and tumba-dead-stroke samples seemed reversed. It's not much of a problem as I modify things when setting up the percussion maps. I thought I'd see if anyone else has noticed such a problem. If so, I'll send MM an error message.

Finale 2014.5