Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Ctree error revisited  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Phurst
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to PhurstAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 1998
Total Posts : 69

Posted 8/22/2002 9:19 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi,

I am having huge difficulty - Finale is throwing up a Ctree error message...

Ctree error 55 followed by CTDETAIL:386

I have tried installing and uninstalling all versions I have all to no avail, even downloading Notepad to gain access to my files gave the same error.

closing the error box throws up a box saying that it was unable to build the database which then closes Finale.

Help

Phil Hurst

HOMR
Handsome gent

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to HOMRAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2001
Total Posts : 227

Posted 8/23/2002 2:51 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Click me

And Me

Paul

Phurst
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to PhurstAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 1998

Posted 8/23/2002 4:54 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi,

Unfortunately not the answer, temp folder is empty with about 1meg free space on C.

Any other Ideas?

Phil Hurst

Oompah
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 1998
Total Posts : 231

Posted 8/23/2002 7:25 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
1 meg free??? That's hardly anything -- I can't believe Windows is even running with that little free!

Jari Williamsson
Registered Member

Click to send Jari Williamsson email.Click to visit Jari Williamsson's website.Send a Private Message to Jari WilliamssonAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 1998
Total Posts : 3246

Posted 8/23/2002 11:29 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
On 8/23/2002 9:54:00 AM, Philip Hurst wrote:

>Unfortunately not the answer,
>temp folder is empty with
>about 1meg free space on C.
>
>Any other Ideas?

Is your temp folder setting in "Program Options" set to the right location?
As others said, did you really mean 1meg free?

Best regards,

Jari Williamsson

Phurst
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 1998

Posted 8/23/2002 11:37 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Sorry,

my typing in a hurry let me down, I meant 1gig free, I cannot get into the program to get to program options, when starting up it reaches the wizard, when I cancel out of that the Ctree error message appears, cancel out of that and a program error message appears saying that the database could not be reset, the whole program then shuts down.

Thanks for help so far

Phil Hurst

Jari Williamsson
Registered Member

Click to send Jari Williamsson email.Click to visit Jari Williamsson's website.Send a Private Message to Jari WilliamssonAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 1998
Total Posts : 3246

Posted 8/23/2002 11:54 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
On 8/24/2002 4:37:00 AM, Philip Hurst wrote:
>my typing in a hurry let me
>down, I meant 1gig free, I
>cannot get into the program to
>get to program options, when
>starting up it reaches the
>wizard, when I cancel out of
>that the Ctree error message
>appears, cancel out of that
>and a program error message
>appears saying that the
>database could not be reset,
>the whole program then shuts
>down.

Test deleting (or move) FINALE.INI from the Finale folder and restart Finale. You will have to reenter info such as the registration number, but perhaps that will solve things.

Best regards,

Jari Williamsson

gregory
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to gregoryAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 1999
Total Posts : 47

Posted 8/25/2002 8:10 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I too was having a lot of c-tree errors appearing when I switched off my external drive and started using the c drive on my portable.... All my pointers for temp files had been directed to the external, and with its removal, they were no longer valid.

My solution was more or less following Jari's solution, but not wanting to delete the .ini file, I just changed the pointers for the temporary files.... in place of the directory of the external drive, I just placed a c:\temp in its place. Cleared everything up.

Unfortunately Finale is not yet quite as intuitive in dealing with this situation, but at least it is a very easy problem to deal with.

MAKE A COPY OF YOUR INI file before you start changing it, otherwise you will have to follow Jari's instructions in case you create a FUBAR

Gregory

Phurst
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 1998

Posted 8/26/2002 9:35 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Cheers Jari,

Will give that a try,

All the best

Phil Hurst