Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Download Finale 2014d as 2014.5 will not open  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Oldest Post First ]

Ron.
Composer

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Ron.'s website.Send a Private Message to Ron.AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 8828

Posted 7/6/2016 2:50 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Go to MM's support page and search for "Finale 2014.5 crash on launch."

As for tickets, you can't enter your question until you have answered all the questions fully--there are drop-downs for some categories.

Finale 2014.5

GPO5, JaBB3, GIO, COMB2, GWI, GIFF, Steinway Basic.

Windows 7; 10 GB RAM.

www.composeforums.com

Derek Watson
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Derek WatsonAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 51

Posted 7/6/2016 2:40 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi Ron
It is on the MAC. What is the known fix for this problem?
I used Chrome and then Safari on the MAC to attempt to write a support ticket.
In both cases I got so far as to Aks a Question-Download and Website Issues-Product-Finale 2014 and then there was no place to enter my question

Finale 2014d on windows and Mac

Ron.
Composer

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Ron.'s website.Send a Private Message to Ron.AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2003

Posted 7/6/2016 2:05 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Is this on the Mac or Windows system? Because there is a known problem and fix for crashing on launch on the Mac. I can't see any reason why you can't open a support ticket. I started one just to see if the system was working and everything appeared to be normal.

And phone numbers for MakeMusic are listed under "Contact Us."

Finale 2014.5

Windows 7; 10 GB RAM.

www.composeforums.com

Daz
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to DazAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2006
Total Posts : 1723

Posted 7/6/2016 2:04 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi Derek

If you go to the contacts page the 'phone details are listed for MakeMusic. Just click on "Finale Notation Software"

I've found that if you're running something like noscript in your browser, that does have an effect on the page.
Make sure that scripts from makemusic.com, ajax.googleapis.com, and ajax.aspnetcnd.com are allowed.

Cheers...

Daz. :o)

------------------------
Finale 2006-2011 - Win7 64 bit

Derek Watson
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Derek WatsonAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003

Posted 7/6/2016 1:42 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
When I try to run Finale 2014.5d, I get the message 'Finale quit unexpectedly' every time I try.
A google search revealed quite a few others with the same problem and no solution
Zuill, I need the Finale 2014d full installer as it seems to have been lost on my system.
I don't think I removed it on purpose.
As for contacting MakeMusic the support system seems to be broken and I could not submit a ticket.
Also, I could not find any phone numbers for them.

Zuill
"The Troll"

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ZuillAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 29077

Posted 7/6/2016 1:34 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I'm guessing that if you did uninstall 2014d, MakeMusic would make it available if you contact them.

Zuill

"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

Win 7 64bit, 2011b, 2012c, 2014d, 2014.5 

Favorite Forum quote: "Please, everybody, IGNORE THE TROLL!"

Ron.
Composer

Date Joined Mar 2003

Posted 7/6/2016 1:25 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
...and it should not be necessary to redownload it if you kept the original installation file. However, I am curious: why won't F 2014.5 run?

Finale 2014.5

Windows 7; 10 GB RAM.

www.composeforums.com

Zuill
"The Troll"

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ZuillAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 29077

Posted 7/6/2016 1:24 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Are you saying that installing 2014.5 removed 2014d? That should not have happened. It should still be there.

Zuill

"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

Win 7 64bit, 2011b, 2012c, 2014d, 2014.5 

Favorite Forum quote: "Please, everybody, IGNORE THE TROLL!"

Derek Watson
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2003

Posted 7/6/2016 1:16 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I recently downloaded Finale 2014.5 but it will not open on my computer.
Does anyone know where I can download Finale 2014d full installer which was working fine?
It seems to have been removed fron the Available downloads list