Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > I can't upgrade  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

gigab
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to gigabAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2004
Total Posts : 4

Posted 4/9/2004 11:12 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello,

I have registered Finale 2004 but I'can't upgrade the software to 2004b. On the website, I see "you have not registered Finale 2004".
When I installed the software on my computer, I register it. Well I don't understand what happened ! I'm not recongnized by the website !
I can't upgrade smartscore Lite too ..sad 

A question too : on Finale 2004 when I want to delet a staf, but not completely (measure 1 to 5 for example, but not 6 to 9) I don't know how I could do..Have you an idea?
Thanks for your help.

PS : excuse my english, but I'm french..eyes

Dick Brodfuehrer
Hack Arranger and C.O.G. (Chief Old Geezer)

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Dick BrodfuehrerAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2000
Total Posts : 4687

Posted 4/9/2004 11:36 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
You will need to contact Finale/MakeMusic to get your first problem taken care of.

For your second question: Measure Tool, select the measures you want to get rid of, click on Delete. That is assuming that you want to delete the selected measures from all staves.

(Currently using: Finale 2003a, Windows 98-2e, TGTools 2.25, and The Glenlivet when I can afford it.)

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing!

Dan Powers
Registered Member

Click to send Dan Powers email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Dan PowersAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2000
Total Posts : 1343

Posted 4/9/2004 11:50 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
gigab said...

A question too : on Finale 2004 when I want to delet a staf, but not completely (measure 1 to 5 for example, but not 6 to 9) I don't know how I could do..Have you an idea?
Thanks for your help.
If you mean you want to remove an empty staff from certain systems, you need to optimize those systems (page layout tool).

Dan Powers
“Workaholic? Brokers and salesmen are workaholics. Artists are obsessed. There’s a difference.” --Edward Sorel

Mircea
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to MirceaAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableClick to Add mircea_fyn to Your Y! Friends List.Click to Add tv_mircea to your MSN Buddy List.
Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 642

Posted 4/9/2004 1:46 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I think you misunderstood the web message. Are you a registered member on the website? You need to make an user account in order to be able to download anything here. You have registered your software, and even with unregistered Finale you can still upgrade to 2004a or 2004b if you have the update files. But in order to download from MakeMusic site you have to register, like you do with other websites to get acces to different things, and like you did on this forum. Once you do that you'll have no problem.

©1999 - 2004 E tot ce va spun!

Finale 2004b, WinXP

gigab
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to gigabAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2004
Total Posts : 4

Posted 4/9/2004 3:24 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
But I have an account on the web site. I put my login, my password, and I arrive on a page whit Finale presentation. When I want to upgrade, I have the message "sorry, you have not registered Finale, you have not access at the upgrade"..
Anyone is able to send me the upgrade? (Finale 2004b and smart score lite upgrade?)

Carla @ MakeMusic
MakeMusic

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Carla @ MakeMusic's website.Private Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2004
Total Posts : 1664

Posted 4/9/2004 5:34 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Gigab,
At a guess, you probably have created more than one account with us. One of these accounts has your Finale registration, the other one doesn't or only has a NotePad registration in it. If you've used more than one email, you might want to try logging in with that alternative email address. Without an email address or serial number to look up, I can't offer any immediate solutions, but you can certainly send an email to [email protected] to have them look up your account(s).
Hope this helps!

-Carla

MakeMusic! Inc.

These on-line forums are intended for the exchange of ideas among the users of MakeMusic products. If you'd like individual help from our technical support staff, please contact them directly via email at [email protected] or [email protected] or call 952-937-9703.

rod 1
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to rod 1AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2004
Total Posts : 2

Posted 4/11/2004 8:33 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I have exactly the same upgrade problem. Have sent all details to [email protected] as suggested on registration email. No response as yet. Also found Smart Score Lite totally innadequate. Have downloaded 30 day trial of 'Sharp Eye' and Dolet reader which gave Very very impressive results with first score, after I worked out how to use them. Was not able to scan in multiple pages of the score however and bring them together in Finale as I was able to do with smart score Lite. Any suggestions gratefully recieved. Thanks, Rod 1