Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > can finale create midi and karaoke files?  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

music_2000
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to music_2000AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2004
Total Posts : 38

Posted 6/27/2004 6:40 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
can finale create midi and karaoke files? I'm pretty sure about midi files but not about karaoke files. oh and by the way a karaoke file if u do not know is a midi file with the lyrics to the song embedded into it. Certain midi file players such as the vanbasco midi file player are capable of displaying the lyrics on screen like real karaoke and a midi file well u should know what that is! 

Basiafili
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to BasiafiliAIM Not AvailableClick to Add 311865273 to Your ICQ Buddy List.Y! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2003
Total Posts : 6

Posted 6/27/2004 9:42 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
you can create midi files format 0 or 1, but I'm not sure about karaoke files.

Dick Brodfuehrer
Hack Arranger and C.O.G. (Chief Old Geezer)

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Dick BrodfuehrerAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2000
Total Posts : 4687

Posted 6/27/2004 10:53 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Karoake - nope. I assume there are programs that create karoake from MIDI.

(Currently using: Finale 2003a, Windows 98-2e, TGTools 2.25, and The Glenlivet when I can afford it.)

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing!

Lars Lovegren
Registered Member

Click to send Lars Lovegren email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Lars LovegrenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2004
Total Posts : 11

Posted 2/15/2005 4:32 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I do not comprehend why Finale does export lyrics when creating MIDIs and import lyrics that are part of MIDI file. 
You can do SOME of the work with Finale and complete your MIDI-Karaoke with freeware versions of other programs.
1. Save Finale file in MIDI format.
2. Add lyrics to the MIDI file with program such as freeware version of Anvil Studio available at AnvilStudio.com.
3. View the MIDI-Karaoke version with a karaoke player such as vanBasco's Karaoke Player available free at vanbasco.com.

I'm not claiming that karaoke is a great art-form. 
But singing to my own MIDI accompaniment using a karaoke player to display words in 20-point type is sometimes easier than trying to find my place on sheet music with 12-point type.

David Young : chambermusic
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to David Young : chambermusicAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Sep 2000
Total Posts : 2694

Posted 2/15/2005 2:06 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Maybe we need a new file type for Karaoke singing:

file.kar

David

David Young

Composer of classical-romantic style chamber and orchestral music.

Finale 2.4 through 2005, GPO studio
laptop PC, windows XP home, 2.4 ghz, 516 Megs RAM
Desktop PC, Gigastudio 3, 2 Gigs RAM, 3 hard drives

Join us at www.composeforums.com for discussion of music composition,
arranging and orchestration!