Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > burning midi files to CD  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

music_2000
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to music_2000AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2004
Total Posts : 38

Posted 8/18/2004 12:50 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
how would I go about putting a MIDI or a coda music notation file onto a CD so that I can play it into a normal stereo player? I really need this for a MAJOR music performance thanks

Dick Brodfuehrer
Hack Arranger and C.O.G. (Chief Old Geezer)

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Dick BrodfuehrerAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2000
Total Posts : 4687

Posted 8/18/2004 3:07 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Depends on what version of Finale you have.

(Currently using: Finale 2003a, Windows XP-Home, TGTools 2.25, and The Glenlivet when I can afford it.)

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing!

Fritz Meissner
Choir Addict

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Fritz MeissnerAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2004
Total Posts : 3238

Posted 8/18/2004 6:24 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I'm using PrintMusic, not Finale, but the principle should be the same. I just play the music back in the normal way as I would to hear it, and then use the Creative recorder (which comes with my sound card) to record it to a .WAV file which I can then burn to a CD using either Windows XP's built in CD writing facilities, or Nero Burning ROM. An alternative which lets me tweak the balance of instruments and pan them to where I want them is to save as a midi file from PrintMusic, load the file into a sequencer and write the .WAV file directly from that. Finale may have facilities to save directly as a .WAV file, which makes the process a bit easier.
I have mentioned specific utilities, but you may have others - there are many utilities which will let you record to file, burn files to an audio CD, etc - just use whatever you have, any of them should do the same job.
If you give more details of what hardware and software you have, I can maybe give you more specific help.

Fritz Meissner

Ron.
Composer

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Ron.'s website.Send a Private Message to Ron.AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 8828

Posted 8/18/2004 8:51 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
If you have Finale 2004 you can save directly to a .wav file, then use XP or Nero, etc. to create your CD. Otherwise, Fritz covered all the other alternatives.

Ron

Finale 2004b, XP Pro // P4, 2.6 GHz, 2 Gb RAM, SB Audigy
Amateur composer of both sacred and secular music.

"If you don't do it during this lifetime, then when are you going to do it?"

BassX
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to BassXAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2003
Total Posts : 56

Posted 8/18/2004 3:38 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I've used Apple iTunes (Windows version) to burn midi's to CD.