Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > 2005 EPS export?  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

john.poole
Registered Member

Click to send john.poole email.Click to visit john.poole's website.Send a Private Message to john.pooleClick to Add JohnLPoole to Your AIM Buddy List.ICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2002
Total Posts : 30

Posted 8/28/2004 8:14 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Did they fix the font problem in EPS export?

For an analysis of the problem and work-around, see my postings re: EPS Export & Maestro Font in April 2004.

John Laurence Poole

Editions Poole
www.editionspoole.com
[email protected]

jzucker
Registered Member

Click to send jzucker email.Click to visit jzucker's website.Send a Private Message to jzuckerAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 827

Posted 8/28/2004 12:00 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
john.poole said...
Did they fix the font problem in EPS export?

For an analysis of the problem and work-around, see my postings re: EPS Export & Maestro Font in April 2004.

No, they didn't fix the problem.

But you can get reverb in playback now.

web: www.sheetsofsound.net

john.poole
Registered Member

Click to send john.poole email.Click to visit john.poole's website.Send a Private Message to john.pooleClick to Add JohnLPoole to Your AIM Buddy List.ICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2002

Posted 8/28/2004 12:28 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
hmmm... I have a perl script which can process directories of EPS output and fix the font, if people think such a script would be helpful to them, I could try to spiff it up a bit and package it so it could run on any Windows machine; I haven't tried a certain packaging system, but I understand I can create a fully executable file that will run the code and thus not require the user to install perl on their machine.

Contact me directly referencing "Finale Font: perl fix" if interested.

John Laurence Poole

Editions Poole
www.editionspoole.com
[email protected]

jzucker
Registered Member

Click to send jzucker email.Click to visit jzucker's website.Send a Private Message to jzuckerAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 827

Posted 8/29/2004 8:37 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
can you post what you have to change to get it to work? (Why can't Finale just do this on export?!?)

web: www.sheetsofsound.net

john.poole
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2002

Posted 8/29/2004 8:55 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
see www.finalemusic.com/forum/?f=5&m=78725&g=79430#m79430
and links and references therein

John Laurence Poole

Editions Poole
www.editionspoole.com
[email protected]