Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > How do you guys do this?  Forum Quick Jump

how do you do this
all notes first - 56.3%
each instrument first - 12.5%
each page first with all expressions - 31.3%
each page first without all the details - 0.0%

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

JanJan
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to JanJanAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2003
Total Posts : 372

Posted 8/28/2004 10:50 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
hi there ive been given a 50 page score to copy and was wondering how do you guys go about doing this
do you copy all notes first(thats what i did inthe past)
do you take each page and do the whole page (expresiion ,chords,ties and all the little details)
do you copy 1 instrument at a time
do you copy 1 instrument with allt he expressions
do you do the percussion parts last?
or the piano part last ?
Just wondering

korneel.bernolet
out of inspiration

Click to send korneel.bernolet email.Click to visit korneel.bernolet's website.Send a Private Message to korneel.bernoletAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2003
Total Posts : 735

Posted 8/29/2004 5:21 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello JanJan,

I always first input all notes, without any marking.
Then I start with measure tools (barlines, page breaks, etc.) and articulations.
Then Expressions, staff styles etc. and all shapes at the end, with the layout.

Korneel Bernolet

Finale 2004 - Sibelius 3 - Lime 8.12 - Cubasis Notation - LilyPond 2.0.2
Windows XP Professional - Pentium III - Roland XP-30 synthesizer.

Peter West
Registered Member

Click to send Peter West email.Click to visit Peter West's website.Send a Private Message to Peter WestClick to Add p.west@mac.com to Your AIM Buddy List.ICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2002
Total Posts : 4272

Posted 8/29/2004 6:47 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I enter all the notes of a page, then all the articulations, then all the smart shapes then all of the text, dynamics etc. That way I have the best chance of picking up earlier errors as I'm re-reading the music several times, but in a bite-sized chunk that's easy to remember.

By "page" I mean that I set a page of the manuscript at a time as this is an easily managed unit, while working in Scroll view in Finale. Then, only when all the data is in and spaced (Auto music spacing on, auto update lyout off) do I update the layout once and then go to page view. If I have selected a good spacing setup, I then only need to optimise and tidy the pages.

Peter
Music Publishing Services

Mac 1.2GHz Dual G4/OSX.3.4/20 inch Cinema display and 20 inch CRT
Finale 2004c/2005
Yamaha P-150 Electric Piano
MIDIMAN 2x2 interface