Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Response to "How do you guys do this?"  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Zuill
"The Troll"

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ZuillAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 29077

Posted 8/29/2004 3:18 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
The forum is not allowing responses from me to JanJan's thread. So here is my response in a new thread. Please read the question in the original thread to know what my response is about:

I do 2 of your items, so I didn't know how to vote. I do all notes first, but I do it 1 instrument at a time. There are occasions where I may do more than one part at a time (going back and forth between the two of them). Maybe its ADD or ADHD or something. But usully I'll go completely through a part. I put articulations, smart shapes and expressions in later. It seems easier to just plow through adding in slurs all at once. Same with articulations. I may have a whole section doing staccatos, so I just drag around the notes while holding down the metatool. This also gives me a chance to think about any omissions on the part of the composer. They sometimes only put articulations in one instrument of a group of instruments, and it's up to me to figure out if it's for the whole section, looking at the comtext. So waiting to do it after note entry gives my a chance to see the bigger picture. Expressions can be done with lists, so I usually put those in near the end after everything else is in.

Zuill

"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

Finale 2004b, 2005, Win 2000 or XP

Jim Coull
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Jim CoullAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 1999
Total Posts : 2723

Posted 8/29/2004 3:29 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
There have been two times when I could not post a response to a thread with a poll that I had not voted on . Both times, if I actually voted, I was then able to post a response. I don't know if there is some rule about this, but you may want to try voting in the poll then posting to see what happens.

Jim Coull

Post Edited (Jim Coull) : 8/29/2004 8:30:31 AM GMT

Zuill
"The Troll"

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ZuillAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 29077

Posted 8/29/2004 3:47 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
The reason I didn't vote was in my response. It won't allow me to vote for two items, as my answer explained. So I guess I'd have to eenie-meenie-minie-moe to pick one.

Zuill

"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

Finale 2004b, 2005, Win 2000 or XP

jcraig1
Registered Member

Click to send jcraig1 email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to jcraig1AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 1998
Total Posts : 842

Posted 8/29/2004 9:15 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
vote twice, once for each

Joel Craig
Craig Music Services
New York City

FIN 2004c, OS 10.3.5
PowerMac G4 dual 867, 768 memory,
Apple 23" Cinema HD Display
Yamaha PSR-530, Edirol UM-2
hp laserjet 2200d
Kensington Turbo Mouse

Jon Delfin
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Jon DelfinAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 1999
Total Posts : 783

Posted 8/29/2004 9:16 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Once you vote, you're locked out of the poll thereafter (at least, under your regular screen name).