Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Does anyone have the orchestration of the musical Cabaret revised in 1987?  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
28 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :
 1  2 
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Ralph L. Bowers Jr.
Polymathist

Click to send Ralph L. Bowers Jr. email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Ralph L. Bowers Jr.AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2012
Total Posts : 883

Posted 3/31/2014 11:22 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Motet said...
Wishful thinking!

Copyright is an important issue, certainly relevant here, and worth emphasizing whenever it's raised.

Thank you Motet, copyright law(s) are a very important issue for us to be cognizant of. Educational use of copyrighted material has some leeway for us that teach.....which is enough for me.

Finale 2010b, 2011b, 2012c, 2014a TGTools Pro, Patterson plugins, JW plugins (current)
Sibelius 6.2, 7.1.3, Bob Zawalich plugins, Dolet 6.3
Print Music 2004, 2010a, 2011a
Progression, Progression 2, Notion 4
Pro Tools 9.5, Reaper
Kontakt 5
GPO4, World Instruments
Smart Score Pro X , PhotoScore Ultimate 6 & 7 ( 7 has some utility----best of those available)
M-Audio "Oxygen 25" Midi input keyboard (recent addition)
Systems // Windows XP Pro, 7 Pro, 8 Pro, 64 bit, 4GB - 16GB RAM
Paper & Pencil

BMus, MM (Musicology)

Motet
Isorhythmic

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to MotetAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2002
Total Posts : 12849

Posted 3/31/2014 11:55 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Mike Rosen said...
It's not that the copyright is at issue; rather, it's one of law keeping up with technology. Since we've gone from the basement full of monks to the desktop copier, changes have not kept pace. Surely, better minds than mine could come up with a method of generating clean, unmarked scores to purchasers while still protecting the investment.

You mean, "If they can put a man on the moon..."? It's a hard problem, and I suspect there is no technological fix.

Of course a digital or Finale copy is better. But that needs to be under the control of the copyright holder; certainly not traded on a BBS on the web! I'm sure the distributors of those musicals Brian speaks of would love to be able to just email files when they rent something out rather than printing and shipping paper copies and dealing with the hassles of getting them shipped back, erasing markings, dealing with spilled coffee, etc. But to do so would be to make copying trivial, so they are wise not to.

Finale 2011b, 2005, TGTools
Windows XP

Marius
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to MariusAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2012
Total Posts : 95

Posted 4/1/2014 7:18 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Thank you, guys, to all of you for your opinions. They are very important to me.
Concerning the topic, I just thought it would be easier to study a score written in Finale as one can change tonality with one click, analyze the instrumentation and hear parts of it within the program and learn easier whatever he(she) needs to learn.
With a regular score all these are not possible.
But, if even that means breaking the law, i understand. I ordered a regular score.
Thousands thanks again!

Finale 2012a
Windows 7 Computer
Montreal