Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Staff Tool hotkey coming up as "new blank staves" option  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
30 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :
 1  2 
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Motet
Isorhythmic

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to MotetAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2002
Total Posts : 12849

Posted 12/1/2014 3:24 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
>Double-tapping keys is a feature allowing one to use metatools to quickly change entries.

A very useful feature!

Finale 2011b, 2005, TGTools
Windows 7, USB Keystation 61

Motet
Isorhythmic

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to MotetAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2002

Posted 12/1/2014 3:42 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

if (A_PriorHotkey != A_ThisHotkey or A_TimeSincePriorHotkey > 400)
{
    Key := SubStr(A_ThisHotkey, 2)
    KeyWait, %Key%
    return
} else {

It looks like you tried to borrow something from an example in the documentation to detect doubled keys, but the example just notes that fact of the double-key press and passes the keys along anyway, rather than replacing the double key with something else, which I think is what you need to get Finale to do something else other than what it normally does. This is why you're getting metatools, odd behavior in simple entry, etc., etc. It has nothing to do with the active window. You also run a big risk of being somewhere in Finale where one of these keys does something you don't notice right away.

You can get Autohotkey to not pass the doubled key along. But since you need to wait and see if the same key appears again, there's no getting around introducing a delay into that key, which to me seems bad. But if you're willing to live with that, then using KeyWait with a timeout and testing the error level might work. This is pretty sophisticated stuff, though, so if you are a novice programmer as you said, you may be getting in over your head.

Single-key (unrepeated) macros don't have that issue, so you might want to go back to Ctrl-Alt-F or whatever it is you originally wanted. Autohotkey at least avoids the Ctrl-key bug of TGTools.

Post Edited (Motet) : 12/1/2014 1:58:34 PM (GMT-6)

Joseph.
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Joseph.AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2011
Total Posts : 212

Posted 12/1/2014 7:01 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Flint: I use and am very used to those metatools.

I've never actually used the feature. Maybe I will learn to find it useful.

I think I may try to upgrade the code. I was binding spacebar to ctrl+shift. Spacebar is an easier combo key. I guess I could just bind it to alt+shift or something with TGT. I'll live with it until I do another overhaul (once every few days at this point).

----

Motet
Isorhythmic

Date Joined Dec 2002

Posted 12/1/2014 7:23 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I played with AutoHotKey a bit. It seems the Ctrl key issue is present there as well. The solution is to put in a small delay before sending the Alt sequence to Finale to switch to the tool. This works for me:

^+f:: ; Ctrl+Shift+F
sleep 200 ; wait 200 milliseconds
send !tf ; Alt+T F
return

You do have to pick up your hand(s) soon after pressing the keys.

So, you could go back to TGTools for all but the staff tool, then use the above for the staff tool. Or use the problem-free and easier-to-program-and-type function keys as I keep saying. :-)

Post Edited (Motet) : 12/1/2014 6:05:31 PM (GMT-6)

Joseph.
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Joseph.AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2011
Total Posts : 212

Posted 12/5/2014 2:29 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
OK men. I spent almost all day learning more AHK and making this dream program. I released the first primitive version of it in Plug-In Development.

forum.makemusic.com/default.aspx?f=11&m=443005

----

Post Edited (jsphweid) : 12/5/2014 1:55:31 PM (GMT-6)