Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Macintosh - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Human Playback Oddity  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Bill Stevens
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Bill StevensAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2000
Total Posts : 5408

Posted 2/7/2005 12:15 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Can anyone explain why "accelerando molto" has no effect on the first three measures of this piece, but does on the next three measures?

The sample is in 2005b.

Thanks.

Bill Stevens

File Attachment :
Sample.mus   90KB (application/octet-stream)
This file has been downloaded 385 time(s).

cliffdzihner
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to cliffdzihnerAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2000
Total Posts : 486

Posted 2/7/2005 2:25 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Seems like it's not seen directly on top of the first beat, move it over to the right just half a bit and it plays back

Bill Stevens
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Bill StevensAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2000

Posted 2/7/2005 2:44 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
You're right that it starts working when it's nudged to the right. I was hoping that was the solution in the original, but no amount of moving things around can make the accel happen. I can put it a few measures earlier and it works fine, but not in that measure.

Bill

Bill Stevens
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2000

Posted 2/7/2005 5:56 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Well I figured out the problem. I didn't put this in the sample, but in the original at the end of the second measure I have railroad tracks for a big break before the final chord. For some reason they prevent HP form playing the accelerando properly.

Bill

Bill Stevens
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2000

Posted 2/7/2005 6:14 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Likewise, putting a fermata on the final chord messed up the accelerando playback. Could it be a Human Playback bug?

Bill

cliffdzihner
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to cliffdzihnerAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2000
Total Posts : 486

Posted 2/9/2005 1:42 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Could be, you might email the file into support--just so they can report it. I've seen things fixed this way.