Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Macintosh - FORUM HAS MOVED! > file manager error -54 while saving  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Gil DeBenedetti
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Gil DeBenedetti's website.Send a Private Message to Gil DeBenedettiAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2000
Total Posts : 48

Posted 3/11/2005 10:24 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I have small piano files which I made with F2002--possibly F2003. After F2004c loads them and does a quick playback, it will not save them. Instead I get this: "While attempting to access "~TemporarySaveFile~" the File Manager reported and error. -54"

This does not happen to files a recently created, and obviously this is happening after I do more important things than simply playing back. The result is that I cannot edit and save my not-so-very-old files. Not good!

Gil
iBook G3, 500 MHz, 640 SDRAM, lots of HD space

www.pitt.edu/~deben

Gil DeBenedetti
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Gil DeBenedetti's website.Send a Private Message to Gil DeBenedettiAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2000
Total Posts : 48

Posted 3/11/2005 10:55 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hey! I'm sorry! Please disregard the previous post. I neglected to take my own advice--when in doubt, reboot. I rebooted and everything seems fine.

Still there might be some techie-types who might want to look into this. I don't know what precipitated it.

Gil

www.pitt.edu/~deben

stefanhakenberg
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit stefanhakenberg's website.Send a Private Message to stefanhakenbergClick to Add schnaim to Your AIM Buddy List.ICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2002
Total Posts : 5

Posted 8/26/2007 2:47 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I have encountered the same error: "While attempting to access "~TemporarySaveFile~" the File Manager reported and error." Except in my case it came with error number -5000. I am using Fin 2007. I was able to solve the problem by changing the file permissions. The files I had trouble saving were imported from another comp and the permissions turned out to be set to Read Only.
Stefan

guitarsean
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit guitarsean's website.Send a Private Message to guitarseanAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2006
Total Posts : 142

Posted 8/26/2007 4:47 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Mac users might find this useful. It doesn't give a lot of detail but it does help de-mystify error codes.

www.appleerrorcodes.com/

Sean Gill

Fin 2006c and 2007c
MacBook Pro core duo 2.6 Ghz, 1 gig ram
OS 10.4.10
www.musick8.com
www.freewebs.com/guitarsean
www.strange-land.net