Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Macintosh - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Minimum Screen Size for Finale 2002?  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

MysteryGuest
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to MysteryGuestAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2005
Total Posts : 6

Posted 3/16/2005 5:19 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
My cousin is slaving away on a deadline and a budget for a concert. Her monitor suddenly went south and I found her an old 14 inch freebie in the basement. Great, any port in a storm, but now she says she can no longer access certain palattes and commands in Finale 2002. Her old monitor was a 15 incher set at (I think) 800 x 600. The new (old) one is limited to 640 x 480. Is there anything she can do to work effectively on that size screen or should I start beating the bushes?

migman
Registered Member

Click to send migman email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to migmanAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2000
Total Posts : 2432

Posted 3/16/2005 6:23 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
If she increases the screen resolution, everything will get smaller, like if you zoomed out with a telephoto lens. Once you do that, pallets that had been outside of your viewable are should be visible. Drag them to the center of the screen, and change your resolution back to what you had before.

MysteryGuest
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to MysteryGuestAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2005

Posted 3/16/2005 7:14 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Well, on that darned 14" monitor, the only resolution that is available is the 640 x 480. Oh, well...

Peter West
Registered Member

Click to send Peter West email.Click to visit Peter West's website.Send a Private Message to Peter WestClick to Add p.west@mac.com to Your AIM Buddy List.ICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2002
Total Posts : 4272

Posted 3/17/2005 8:00 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I'm not sure if there is anything else you can do. Except, if you quit Finale, delete the Finale preferences file, and relaunch Finale, the tool pallettes will return to their default factory settings, most of which are in the top left corner of the screen

Peter
Music Publishing Services

Mac 1.2GHz Dual G4, 1.25GB RAM /OSX.3.8 /20 inch Cinema display and 20 inch CRT
Finale 2004c/2005a
Logic Pro 7
Yamaha P-150 Electric Piano
MIDIMAN 2x2 interface

MysteryGuest
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2005

Posted 3/17/2005 8:32 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Well, I'll ask my cousin to give it a try, thank you! I have a line on a beautiful 15" audiovisual monitor for few bucks. But anything that will help while we try and get that together, she's on a deadline.

Peter West
Registered Member

Click to send Peter West email.Click to visit Peter West's website.Send a Private Message to Peter WestClick to Add p.west@mac.com to Your AIM Buddy List.ICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2002
Total Posts : 4272

Posted 3/17/2005 3:31 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Also in Options> Program Options>View you can switch on a tools menu. You should then be able to select tools from the menu.
Remember also that when you are in any smart shape tool, you can select other smart shapes with a key stroke. For example
> to make decrescendos
< to make crescendos
s to make slurs

and so on. To do this, hold the key down while making the smart shape.

Peter
Music Publishing Services

Mac 1.2GHz Dual G4, 1.25GB RAM /OSX.3.8 /20 inch Cinema display and 20 inch CRT
Finale 2004c/2005a
Logic Pro 7
Yamaha P-150 Electric Piano
MIDIMAN 2x2 interface

MysteryGuest
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2005

Posted 3/17/2005 3:52 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Thanks Peter, I will pass this on.

Cheryl

Victor Frost
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Victor FrostAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2000
Total Posts : 379

Posted 3/17/2005 8:29 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
This plug-in might help, if she's using playback to help with proofing.

File Attachment :
Show Playback Window   29KB (application/octet-stream)
This file has been downloaded 293 time(s).

MysteryGuest
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2005

Posted 3/18/2005 12:37 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Dear Victor,

Thanks! This attachment comes through on my Mac as a peculiar blank faced little document. How is my cousin supposed to install this? Is there a plug-ins folder in Finale? All I have is Notepad--just an artist here, thank you.

Cheryl

Zuill
"The Troll"

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ZuillAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 29077

Posted 3/18/2005 4:19 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Your original post mentioned Finale 2002, not Notepad, so I believe that was the assumption. Notepad does not use plugins.

Zuill

"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

Finale 2002b, 2003a, 2004b, 2005b, Win 2000 or XP

MysteryGuest
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2005

Posted 3/18/2005 5:37 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
No, my cousin, who is having the problem, uses Finale 2002. She installed the plugin, but said it doesn't seem to be doing anything...

I just mentioned Notepad because I wanted to explain why I couldn't test the plugin.

Thanks for your help, though.

Victor Frost
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Victor FrostAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2000
Total Posts : 379

Posted 3/19/2005 1:57 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
This uploading business is sometimes unavailing. Please send a direct e-mail address to me, and I will send along as attachment. Or, do a search online for

"Show Playback Window"