Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Macintosh - FORUM HAS MOVED! > How to get rid of repeats?  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

georgex5
Registered Member

Click to send georgex5 email.Click to visit georgex5's website.Send a Private Message to georgex5AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2005
Total Posts : 40

Posted 7/31/2006 10:43 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I have a song entered and I added a repeat for most of the song. However, I would like to get
rid of the repeats and leave just a standard lead sheet. I tried to remove the repeats by going
through the repeat set up again with 0 bars repeated but this did not work.

How can I get rid of the repeats without redoing the whole humber? Thanks for help and comments.

http://www.thelittlegreenie.com

Jim Coull
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Jim CoullAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 1999
Total Posts : 2723

Posted 7/31/2006 11:13 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Click on the repeat tool, slect the handle(s) of the repeats you want gone and press delete,

or

Select the mass edit tool, select the entire piece (or region of the piece) and go to Mass Edit Menu > Clear Items > Only Selected Items > Measures > Repeats and hit enter or return until you get back to your score.

Jim Coull

migman
Registered Member

Click to send migman email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to migmanAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2000
Total Posts : 2432

Posted 7/31/2006 11:44 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Also (with with 2005 or later), with the repeat tool you can hit command A to select all, and hit the delete key (a bit quicker if you want to remove all of them at once).

georgex5
Registered Member

Click to send georgex5 email.Click to visit georgex5's website.Send a Private Message to georgex5AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2005
Total Posts : 40

Posted 8/1/2006 11:25 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Thanks for the help. I used the handles method and it worked fine.

http://www.thelittlegreenie.com