Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Macintosh - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Copy text into Printmusic?  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

georgex5
Registered Member

Click to send georgex5 email.Click to visit georgex5's website.Send a Private Message to georgex5AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2005
Total Posts : 40

Posted 8/6/2006 5:25 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I have a lead sheet that is about done. I have some lyrics in a separate program (Quick keys or Appleworks). I would like to copy the lyrics into the Printmusic 2004, but when I try, PM won't accept the text. I've tried to do it with a text box and without a text box, but neither works.

Is there a way to copy text to PM from another program? Would appreciate comments. freaked

http://www.thelittlegreenie.com

migman
Registered Member

Click to send migman email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to migmanAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2000
Total Posts : 2432

Posted 8/7/2006 10:10 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
According to the product comparison PDF, PrintMusic can: Type lyrics directly onto the score… and Place large blocks of text with a built-in text editor…, but it can't: Create lyrics all at once and click onto the score one syllable or verse at a time. I guess your options are to use the text tool for lyrics (YUK!) or type them as lyrics (my advise). If you do a lot of this, you may want to upgrade to a higher program like full Finale.