Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Macintosh - FORUM HAS MOVED! > anybody using 2007 with leopard yet?  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

dkabramson
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to dkabramsonAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2006
Total Posts : 3

Posted 10/26/2007 11:01 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
i'm afraid to install for fear of losing my ability to work, but i don't think i can resist.... anybody succeed yet?

Dr. Wiggy
Early music: modern methods

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Dr. WiggyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2006
Total Posts : 12628

Posted 10/27/2007 6:37 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I'd be surprised if Leopard brakes anything that was present in Tiger. Apple backward compatibility is legendary.
Carbonised applications, written for OS 9 still run on Intel Macs!

The only part of Finale that Apple broke was the 2005 authentication code, which didn't work under Rosetta on Intel Macs. This was no doubt a combination of the dodgy method that the authentication uses to identify the computer, and the heavy magic in Rosetta.
This was fixed in a later system update.

Even though CoreAudio and printing have been re-written – both major aspects of Finale – I am constantly amazed that protocols in OSX 10.0, 10.1, and 10.2 which have been superceded in more recent versions of the OS, are still supported, even if deprecated.

Finale 2008, 2Ghz iMac, M-Audio Audiophile USB
Ancient Groove Music
www.ancientgroove.co.uk

Bill Stevens
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Bill StevensAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2000
Total Posts : 5408

Posted 10/28/2007 2:31 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Check the threads about Leopard and 2008. You're likely to have the same issues.

Bill

JazzyG033
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to JazzyG033AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2006
Total Posts : 2

Posted 10/30/2007 11:43 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Finale 2007 does work with leopard, but it will not play back anything you write. This has something to do with core midi that also stops other music programs such as Reason and Logic. Reason's reason (haha) for not running is "failed to open midi support library" Logic's reason is that it detected a conflict between a third party MIDI or audio driver. I have Protools LE on this Macbook Pro, and it seems to run fine so far. I will repost this on a new thread as well.

MarcvdM
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to MarcvdMAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2004
Total Posts : 76

Posted 11/1/2007 4:15 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
does work with leopard? had unexpected quits at startup so far only...
running 2007c

Anyone with similar experiences?

Marc

CWillCalho
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to CWillCalhoAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 1999
Total Posts : 256

Posted 11/1/2007 5:07 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I've had no playback problems with Leopard and Finale 2007; uses the GPO sounds just fine; the only thing I've noticed is the error message when quitting which has already been spoken of.

Bill

hotjazztrumpet
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to hotjazztrumpetAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2005
Total Posts : 5

Posted 11/4/2007 12:47 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I have noticed the problem of Finale when I quit saying that the program quit unexpectedly. I also cannot save audio .mp3s, it says the file could be in use by another document. Finally, it won't playback certain patches (drumkit, etc.)

A.A. Fussy
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit A.A. Fussy's website.Send a Private Message to A.A. FussyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2007
Total Posts : 5

Posted 11/4/2007 1:08 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
SongWriter 2007 is running OK on Leopard for me-and haven't had any problems.

I noticed that sound playback is working as normal in Leopard too.

Mac mini 1.5GHz, 512MB,60GB HDD. Logic Express 7 & 8.
PC-AMD Sempron 3200+ (1.8GHz), 1GB, 80GB HDD,Magix Music Studio. Both with Sony F-V120 mic,Creative Prodikeys DM and Concertmate 580 keyboard.
Finale SongWriter 2007

Post Edited (A.A. Fussy) : 11/4/2007 11:14:00 AM (GMT-6)